FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » forum datadump stopped working
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
forum datadump stopped working [message #162277] Tue, 20 April 2010 13:41 Go to next message
michiamano is currently offline  michiamano   United States
When I try to run forum datadump from the admin menu I get this error. Get the same error from the nightly datadump cronjob.

Usage: php admdump.php /path/to/dump_file [compress]

What's changed: we had a series of issues at Bluehost following their systems upgrade, filesystem move, and then a DDoS on the shared server.

The most recent fix is what broke the datadump. It involved manually changing $DBHOST_DBTYPE in GLOBAL.php

$DBHOST_DBTYPE = "pdo_mysql";

After this change, the datadump broke. Running db backup manually from phpMyAdmin works fine.

Running 2.7.7 and yes, I know I should upgrade to the latest version but have put it off out of dread since it has to happen live on the production site and I've far had too many upgrade catastrophes (not with FUDforum) lately.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2010 13:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: forum datadump stopped working [message #162292 is a reply to message #162277] Wed, 21 April 2010 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
michiamano wrote:
When I try to run forum datadump from the admin menu I get this error. Get the same error from the nightly datadump cronjob.

Look at the comments in admdump.php - the script can only run from command (if you supply a dumpfile as first argument) OR from the web (ACP), but not both. This restriction was removed in subsequent releases.

If you need any further assistance, please upgrade as you are running on a VERY VERY old and desupported version of the forum.
Re: forum datadump stopped working [message #162298 is a reply to message #162292] Wed, 21 April 2010 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
michiamano is currently offline  michiamano   United States
naudefj wrote on Wed, 21 April 2010 05:31
michiamano wrote:

Look at the comments in admdump.php - the script can only run from command like (if you supply a dumpfile as first argument) or from the web (ACP), but not both. This restriction was removed in subsequent releases.

The cronjob script is the recommended one that starts
echo -e 'submitted=1\n&compress=1\...

I was hoping to figure out why it stopped working after running nightly for 18 months. Oh well! Clearly beyond my fairly lightweight skills Wink

Quote:

If you need any further assistance, please upgrade as you are running on a VERY VERY old and desupported version of the forum.

I hope to upgrade before the end of the month. Wish me luck...

Thanks.

Re: forum datadump stopped working [message #162743 is a reply to message #162298] Sat, 10 July 2010 19:37 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Kwoteer:
I hope to upgrade before the end of the month. Wish me luck...

The upgrade is well worth the time and effort. Best of luck!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDapi - Wiki example
Next Topic: Regular Expression Problem -- "No Message Body"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 16:17:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08363 seconds