FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » New plugin call hook type & OpenID plugin
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
New plugin call hook type & OpenID plugin [message #162341] Wed, 28 April 2010 10:12 Go to next message
omniton is currently offline  omniton   Belarus
hi,

to support external authentication services like OpenID, OAuth, etc i offer add new plugin call hook type: PRE_AUTHENTICATE. It lets to authenticate without entering login/password and to use native fudforum's redirection to login page. Patch attached. It works for forum.sourcefabric.org
  • Attachment: login.diff
    (Size: 2.22KB, Downloaded 817 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2010 17:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162345 is a reply to message #162341] Wed, 28 April 2010 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Great idea! Can you please update the patch for FUDforum 3.0.1 so we can commit it?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162351 is a reply to message #162345] Wed, 28 April 2010 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Frank,

for sure. Patch attached.

Some hints about plugin. After first call the plugin should redirect to external auth service where user will be authenticated. Then user is returning again to fudforum login where plugin will catch the passed request params (token, identity, etc) and search for user. On exit plugin should return fud_user_reg object.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2010 20:43]

Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162352 is a reply to message #162351] Thu, 29 April 2010 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Great! Your patch was committed: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fudforum/changeset/4950

Can you please also post a working sample plugin that uses PRE_AUTHENTICATE?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162357 is a reply to message #162341] Thu, 29 April 2010 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so, there is simple but full functional openid plugin. It shows how PRE_AUTHENTICATE hook can be used for openid, oauth or any other custom external authentication services at least your corporate server to provide SSO.
Just change example.com in ini to your host name and you can authenticate via google your users who registered with googl's email address. You can change to any other openid provider but only google returns email. By default providers returns just openid identity.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2010 16:49]

Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162371 is a reply to message #162357] Mon, 03 May 2010 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks! Would you mind if we include it into the next FUDforum release?
Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162377 is a reply to message #162371] Mon, 03 May 2010 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, please. It would be good example to show how to use PRE_AUTHENTICATE hook. Thanks.
Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162432 is a reply to message #162377] Sat, 08 May 2010 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Your plugin works like a charm! However, I think we should rather move it into core and introduce an admin toggle to enable/disable OpenID logins. We can also add a nifty OpenID selector on the login page. What do you think?
Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162435 is a reply to message #162432] Mon, 10 May 2010 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
naudefj wrote on Sat, 08 May 2010 13:55
Your plugin works like a charm! However, I think we should rather move it into core and introduce an admin toggle to enable/disable OpenID logins. We can also add a nifty OpenID selector on the login page. What do you think?

I concur with the admin toggle, like the quick reply function this is an option not everyone would want and even then perhaps not all the time.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162445 is a reply to message #162432] Wed, 12 May 2010 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj писал(а) Sat, 08 May 2010 14:55

well, I think it's a good idea but it requires some additional stuff. Look at sourceforge.net accounting. It uses openid providers to authenticate user and in the account manager you can manage own openid identities (instead of just email). Fudforum Openid plugin can be used with minimal refactoring but in the account manager we have to add new table to handle users openid identities and implement list/add/delete functions. The main idea of implemented openid plugin just show how we can use external authentication (not only openid). For example it could be corporate portal or simply cms.
Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162541 is a reply to message #162445] Sun, 06 June 2010 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It would be great if the CURL requirement can somehow be removed.

PS: This works great with Google, but authentication against Yahoo is not really working.
Re: New plugin call hook type [message #162594 is a reply to message #162541] Mon, 14 June 2010 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omniton is currently offline  omniton   
Цитата:
It would be great if the CURL requirement can somehow be removed.

CURL is required for ssl connections. It could be implemented via OpenSSL extension but OpenID library was written by other author and it's working enough.

Цитата:
PS: This works great with Google, but authentication against Yahoo is not really working.

I said early that just google always returns email and for using properly of openid authentication should use openid identity instead of email. I've explained here http:// fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=119279&goto=162445&#msg_1 62445

I'd like to say that demo plugin is not full functional implementation of openid authentication - it's just a demo which can be used as example.
icon14.gif  Re: New plugin call hook type & OpenID plugin [message #162609 is a reply to message #162341] Mon, 21 June 2010 13:06 Go to previous message
cor3huis   Netherlands
THX for the addition to FUDForum, really appreciated. Improvement possible no doubt, but already verrrry nice Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: simple embed hack for youtube/polls/etc
Next Topic: My News hack
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:29:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02713 seconds