FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » Location of area immediately below header
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Location of area immediately below header [message #162772] Wed, 14 July 2010 22:00 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
... could anyone point me to the relevant item in the default editor for the area just below the header? The header ends where various links begin -- "members," "login," etc. (And then another line, "today's" messages" and so forth). It's the part of the board that you might call the "neck," given that the top is the "head."

Where could I find the script for that? I need to add a couple of more links, which should be immensely easy surgery.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Location of area immediately below header [message #162774 is a reply to message #162772] Thu, 15 July 2010 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The menu is in usercp.tmpl

PS: I think we should start renaming these files and give them names that are easier to remember and make more sense. For example, we can maybe call this one "menu.tmpl"?
Re: Location of area immediately below header [message #164589 is a reply to message #162774] Fri, 18 February 2011 13:29 Go to previous message
Bradley is currently offline  Bradley
well, no, i disagree! I think the templates could be tied to CSS class names or such. menu.tmpl could be for anything as a page can have more than one menu, ie, a menu for pages, a menu for forums, a menu for user stuff (like the user control panel), a menu for advertisers etc!

for the OP, if you're using firefox, get firebug. you can click somewhere on the page, and it'll highlight the relevant part of the code. you can then look for a class name and then search for that classname in the template files. but, if the templates were named after certain classes you wouldn't need to search so much... Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: lost geo-location flags
Next Topic: transferring styles between boards "under the hood"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:40:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02753 seconds