FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter (Sniff Sniff Sniff. Whew, that suckers really dead. Can you say reanimation?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163501] Wed, 03 November 2010 23:14 Go to next message
mph_ is currently offline  mph_   United States
Hi,

I know it's been asked several times, but not for several years. Has anyone got ANYTHING regarding a ikonboard (IBF) converter?

If someone has anything to at least get me started. I can program in Unix scripting, PHP, some C (mostly file manipulation). I'd be more than happy to share whatever I can come up with.

A little background. I help a friend by supporting some forums. Back in '01 when we started, the servers were FreeBSD and didn't have MySQL. We were using ikonboard with a DBM database files (.db) The current ISP for switched servers on us back in '07. After almost 2 weeks of runaround they finally put back a BSD server for our sites. Well, they did it again, and now they denying that there's been any change.

I downloaded the entire site. I was able to get it working on a BSD box I'd setup that morning, and it would not work on my usual Linux box. I've been able to convert the DBM to MySQL, now I need to convert it to FUD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
MPH

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
icon6.gif  Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163504 is a reply to message #163501] Thu, 04 November 2010 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php you should find your converter on the right hand side.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163505 is a reply to message #163504] Thu, 04 November 2010 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THANKS!!!

I appreciate the quick response!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to it 'till Friday. Looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend. Rolling Eyes

Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163525 is a reply to message #163505] Fri, 05 November 2010 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the best laid plans of Mikes & men. I was able to swap days. (This has got my interest up).

I ran into a snag that I'm not sure I can get around. Here's the error I'm getting.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function qf() in /home/myhome/workspace/fud/ikon.php on line 156 I can't find any reference to a "qf" function in any of the files in the entire directory structure.

I get the same error using FUD2.8 or FUD3. Any Ideas what the qf function is supposed to do?

Addendum: I commented out the qf line now I get the same error for the "db_singleobj" function. Hmmmm

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2010 02:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163529 is a reply to message #163525] Fri, 05 November 2010 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I can help you to fix it up.
However, I don't have an ikonboard forum to test against.
Can you please provide me with a dump of a (relatively small) forum?
Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163548 is a reply to message #163529] Sat, 06 November 2010 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately the only ones I have are quite large and I'm not sure the owner would like the dump being sent out as it contains account information.

If I could find where these functions are I could include them. Not knowing what they are for and what they do is the hard part. I guess I can just keep going backwards with the FUD releases and hopefully find them.

If I can't find anything by this method I could create a board and try to fill in enough info to give you. My fear here is that I won't create a complete enough example to help.

Regards,

MPH

Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163551 is a reply to message #163548] Sat, 06 November 2010 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
mph_ wrote:
If I can't find anything by this method I could create a board and try to fill in enough info to give you. My fear here is that I won't create a complete enough example to help.

That is exactly what I need! If it's not too difficult to install I might be able to do it myself. What versions of Ikonboard and FUDforum are you using?
Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163553 is a reply to message #163551] Sat, 06 November 2010 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using Ikonboard 3.1.5 and I was testing the RC for release 3. I probably should use 2.9 for the production forums.

How close is version 3 to being released? Please excuse my ignorance, but I only found this software last week. I'm still trying to "catch up."

I will try and setup an Ikonboard this weekend. I'll let you know how I progress.

Thanks!

One last thing, I see you're and administrator, so if I may pose an off topic question, but still somewhat relevant to this thread. When I receive the email with your reply, the header and links are in what I'm guessing is your native language choice. Am I missing a setting somewhere or something? Obviously, I would not expect the message to be translated, but shouldn't the mailer convert the static content to the receivers preferred language?

Why is it adding a backslash for quotation punctuations now? Rolling Eyes Smile
Now their gone. I'm starting to whistle the theme from Twilight Zone. Very Happy

I forgot to ask, do you want an SQL dump, or a ikonboard backup? I'm guessing the dump.

Regards,

MPH

[Updated on: Sat, 06 November 2010 21:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163554 is a reply to message #163553] Sun, 07 November 2010 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
mph_ wrote:
How close is version 3 to being released? Please excuse my ignorance, but I only found this software last week.

We will release FUDforum 3.0.2 next week (provided we get all the known bugs sorted out before then).

mph_ wrote:
I would not expect the message to be translated, but shouldn't the mailer convert the static content to the receivers preferred language?

Maybe, but it doesn't bother me and I'm not going to fix it. You are welcome to write a patch for it.

mph_ wrote:
I forgot to ask, do you want an SQL dump, or a ikonboard backup? I'm guessing the dump.

I need a SQL dump as well as a zip of the files.

Regards.

Frank
Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163575 is a reply to message #163554] Wed, 10 November 2010 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I kinda dropped off the face of the earth there. I spent the last few days getting the old forums back up and running. What a pain. I had to setup a FreeBSD server at home, download the entire the sites in their entirety, setup apache, access them export the DBM database, re install the boards, upload the backups, restore them, then find and transfer all the customizations. It was a lot harder that it sounds. Wink

I've got all the files, unfortunately, the zip file is 2.6MB even without the sql dump.

What next?

Thanks for you patience and time.

Re: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter [message #163579 is a reply to message #163575] Wed, 10 November 2010 06:00 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you maybe upload it to a web server and mail the URL to me?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: YahooGroup Conversion - mdb File Import from archiver PGOffline to FUDforum
Next Topic: Converting from PHPBB3?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:33:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01876 seconds