FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » FUDForum installed, but won't grab emails from mailing list (FUDForum installed, but won't grab emails from mailing list)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDForum installed, but won't grab emails from mailing list [message #163736] Mon, 29 November 2010 03:51 Go to next message
Anestis is currently offline  Anestis   Australia
I have a webserver running CentOS with cPanel to manage domain hosting.

FUDForum has been installed and setup, and the forum part of FUDForum works.

What fails is the forum grabbing emails from the mailing list and posting it to the forums.

The mailing list is setup and receives and sends emails fine.

I have tried the list-bot method, but am hampered by the fact that "newaliases" is nto a command in CentOS.

I have tried the cron job method, but the cron results say "No data to import".

Can anyone provide some assistance?
Re: FUDForum installed, but won't grab emails from mailing list [message #163745 is a reply to message #163736] Mon, 29 November 2010 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Anestis wrote:
I have tried the list-bot method, but am hampered by the fact that "newaliases" is not a command in CentOS.

Yes it is! You just need to install the right packages. Razz

Any other method of getting it to accept the new aliases should work as well. For example, a restart will probably do it.

Anestis wrote:

I'm not sure where that error is coming from as it's definitely not in FUDform's code. A detailed description of how you've set it up (including versions) might help.

Re: FUDForum installed, but won't grab emails from mailing list [message #163752 is a reply to message #163745] Mon, 29 November 2010 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anestis is currently offline  Anestis   Australia
naudefj wrote on Tue, 30 November 2010 00:35
Anestis wrote:
I have tried the list-bot method, but am hampered by the fact that "newaliases" is not a command in CentOS.

Yes it is! You just need to install the right packages. Razz

Any other method of getting it to accept the new aliases should work as well. For example, a restart will probably do it.

Anestis wrote:

I'm not sure where that error is coming from as it's definitely not in FUDform's code. A detailed description of how you've set it up (including versions) might help.

OK, so which packages do I need to install? Saying 'install the right packages" without mentioning which package is not very helpful. And at this stage, I'd rather not reboot the serve as it was recently rebooted and there are people working on various projects.

As for the setup, well, latest version of FUDFporum, with Mailman mailing list running on the server.

The install instructions have been followed to the letter, both by the person who originally installed the forum (Andrew Maitland) and then by myself checking over the config.

The cron job is part of the instructions for capturing the emails and posting them to the forum. it is one fo the scripts in the data/script file (maillist.php). So yes, it is part of the FUDForum code.

I actually find support via forums to be a little tedious, so if there is a way I can have one of the developers e-mail me directly for assistance it would be a lot easier!

Anestis.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2010 16:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FUDForum installed, but won't grab emails from mailing list [message #163764 is a reply to message #163752] Tue, 30 November 2010 02:37 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Anestis wrote:
OK, so which packages do I need to install? Saying 'install the right packages" without mentioning which package is not very helpful. And at this stage, I'd rather not reboot the serve as it was recently rebooted and there are people working on various projects.

That's a good question for a CentOS forum/list. A quick google reveals: http://boardreader.com/thread/no_newaliases_file_on_CentOS_5_4_server_b201X ji4.html

"Apparently, newaliases utility IS in fact provided by Postfix, Senmail and Exim MTA packages..."

Anestis wrote:
I actually find support via forums to be a little tedious, so if there is a way I can have one of the developers e-mail me directly for assistance it would be a lot easier!

Commercial support is available, if you are interested.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Upgrade won't work
Next Topic: $10-$20 for few changes to Fudforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:31:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02698 seconds