FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #163897] Thu, 09 December 2010 09:40 Go to next message
mguillaume is currently offline  mguillaume   France
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Here's a patch against 3.0.2 to add the option to use a fixed email address when using the forum to mailing-list synchronization.
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #163898 is a reply to message #163897] Thu, 09 December 2010 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
The patch looks good, but why is it important to have an option like this?
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #163899 is a reply to message #163898] Thu, 09 December 2010 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
For cases where the mailing-list only accepts mail from subscribed users (which are not always the same as the forum users).
With this option, you can subscribe a single email address for use by the forum to mailing-list gateway.
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #163900 is a reply to message #163899] Thu, 09 December 2010 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
OK, got it. Mail can go from:
1) user's address -> mailing list's address; or
2) forum's (fixed) address -> mailing list's address.

I'll commit it later. Thanks for the patch!
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #163904 is a reply to message #163900] Fri, 10 December 2010 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
A variation of your patch was committed.
For details, see http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/fudforum/?rev=5087&view=rev
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #163955 is a reply to message #163897] Thu, 16 December 2010 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
There's a mistake on line 582 of trunk/install/forum_data/src/imsg_edt.inc.t : you're using $r[2] as the from address instead of $r[3] (which is the fixed_from_address)
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #163956 is a reply to message #163955] Thu, 16 December 2010 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Well spotted. Patch was committed as per
http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/fudforum/?rev=5088&view=rev

PS: The patch also contains part of a future MS-SQL patch, but it won't break backwards compatibility.
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #164906 is a reply to message #163956] Sat, 02 April 2011 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dayo is currently offline  Dayo   Bahrain
add to buddy list
Hello.

I note this was posted and comitted in Dec 2010, If I downloaded the software recently, Mar 2011, will this have been included as I never realised this was not part of the application when I went for fudforum or do I need to add the file from sourceforge to my installation?

Thanks
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #164909 is a reply to message #164906] Sat, 02 April 2011 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
There doesn't seem to have been a new release since then so it's not included yet, you need the patches.
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #164911 is a reply to message #164909] Sat, 02 April 2011 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Thanks.

I take it I can just put the file from sourceforge in.
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #164914 is a reply to message #164911] Sat, 02 April 2011 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Dayo wrote:
I take it I can just put the file from sourceforge in.

Yes, that should work. Download and replace the files. When done, you will have to rebuild the themes.

PS: Backup the old files in case you need to put them back.
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #164922 is a reply to message #164914] Sat, 02 April 2011 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Thanks.

Just a minor question ... where exactly should I be putting the file?

I can see the patch is for admmlist.php but the svn one is obviously something else .. I assume used to build admmlist.

Thanks again.
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #164923 is a reply to message #164922] Sat, 02 April 2011 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Ignore that.

"forum_data/src/imsg_edt.inc.t" is obvious enough.
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #164924 is a reply to message #164923] Sat, 02 April 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Sorry guys. I am a bit lost here (Newbie Blues).

I downloaded the svn file, placed it and ran rebuild all themes but I don't see an option in my mail list manager where to specify a static forum address etc. Do I still need to apply the patch from the OP in addition to the svn file?

Thanks
Re: Sending to mailing-list with a fixed email address [message #164928 is a reply to message #164924] Sat, 02 April 2011 21:58 Go to previous message
Dayo is currently offline  Dayo   Iraq
add to buddy list
OK managed to sort myself out. Had previously only looked at the second svn link.
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Problem with fudapi.inc.php
Next Topic: Classes declared multiple times?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 02:16:02 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00840 seconds