FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Here an atch there an atch, every where an atch atch
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Here an atch there an atch, every where an atch atch [message #164212] Tue, 11 January 2011 15:02 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Moving forum from a host that uses a public_html directory to one that doesn't reports "Warning" during Consistency check, check completes OK but running it again repeats the warning with the next atch file in sequence.

Checking read table against users & threads
OK
Checking file attachments against messages and private messages
OK
Rebuild attachment cache for regular messages
Done: Rebuild attachment cache for regular messages
Rebuild attachment cache for private messages
Done: Rebuild attachment cache for private messages
Correcting Attachment Paths...
- fix path for: /home/userx/public_html/FUDforum/files/7.atch

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): 62 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ userx /FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 120
Validate the forum's stats cache
Checking message reports
OK

I had to manually copy the non-browseable forum files from the backed up public_html directory to the correct directories to gain access to them otherwise I had empty messages, and it is apparent that I am being asked to "Validate the forums stats cache, but I'm not seeing a way to do it.

There obviously has to be a better way than running the consistency checker 269+ or - times!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Here an atch there an atch, every where an atch atch [message #164213 is a reply to message #164212] Tue, 11 January 2011 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
RC release?

If so, say 269 times: "I will not complain about an old RC release if a final release is available" Smile
Re: Here an atch there an atch, every where an atch atch [message #164216 is a reply to message #164213] Tue, 11 January 2011 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it's from a dump of a 3.0.2 RC2 release, that was the most recent good dump I had prior to moving, and it has been the only complete one I was able to recover.

I was skittish about upgrading it before problem resolved for fear of losing the progress I'd made, but up grading to ver 3.0.2 made no difference.

The good news is..... only 189 more consistency checks to go! Laughing

Re: Here an atch there an atch, every where an atch atch [message #164224 is a reply to message #164213] Tue, 11 January 2011 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All-righty then, we got that taken care of, consistency checks good across the board and I managed to retain all the previous data.

All is not well however, I dumped the forum and reinstalled on a test installation only to receive the same errors as before, there was also the expected loss of the users table resulting in the "Authentification failed. Please try again" error when I tried to re-run the upgrade script

What joy, at any rate the forum works, I kept all data, and all the checks pass though I don't know what to think about the data dump not restoring. Any recommendations?

This seems inextricably linked to the problem addressed at http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=119768&goto=164048& ;#msg_164048

Re: Here an atch there an atch, every where an atch atch [message #164255 is a reply to message #164224] Sun, 16 January 2011 08:33 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Restoring an old 3.0.2RCx dump will replace the files and hence reintroduce this old bug.

Solution: upgrade, backup with the production release and get rid of your old RCx backups.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Serious upgrade problem: SQL syntax error
Next Topic: maillist.php produces broken mail header
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:22:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04202 seconds