FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! (trouble with installation)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164269] Tue, 18 January 2011 00:38 Go to next message
marymezzo is currently offline  marymezzo   United States
I've gotten to the point in the installer at which I'm trying to create a user name and password for myself as administrator of the forum.

Everything else has been fine.

I type in an admin user name, password, and e-mail address, and when I click the "next" button, I see an error screen with this scary message:

FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1!

anyone have a clue what I might be doing wrong or how I can fix it?

thanks,
Mary
Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164270 is a reply to message #164269] Tue, 18 January 2011 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
marymezzo wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 18:38
I've gotten to the point in the installer at which I'm trying to create a user name and password for myself as administrator of the forum.

Everything else has been fine.

I type in an admin user name, password, and e-mail address, and when I click the "next" button, I see an error screen with this scary message:

FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1!

anyone have a clue what I might be doing wrong or how I can fix it?

thanks,
Mary

Did you try to install it before this happened?
I've had this several times recently moving from one host to another and changing things around.

I Uninstalled it completely, then reinstalled from scratch, or alternativly you can upload the user table manualy if you have it.

But I would definitely reinstall. If you have the knowledge to edit your sql you might try that.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164271 is a reply to message #164270] Tue, 18 January 2011 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the reply.

no, hadn't installed before now. everything was hunky dory with the wizard until step 5.

but ripping it out and doing it again can't hurt.

the funny thing is that I got zip when googling that error message. hard to believe no one else in the universe has seen it and posted about it!

M

Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164272 is a reply to message #164271] Tue, 18 January 2011 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trust me you're not alone. its a glitch that will get ironed out.

Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164273 is a reply to message #164272] Tue, 18 January 2011 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks.

Smile

I'll tackle it again tomorrow.
Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164275 is a reply to message #164273] Tue, 18 January 2011 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Before you try again, please delete all old tables or recreate the entire DB.
Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164277 is a reply to message #164275] Tue, 18 January 2011 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't sure whether I needed to delete the existing database and create a new one. thanks for the suggestion.
Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164278 is a reply to message #164277] Tue, 18 January 2011 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I trust you got it installed?

BTW: What type of DB are you using? I assume Orale or PostgreSQL?
Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164279 is a reply to message #164275] Tue, 18 January 2011 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 21:25
Before you try again, please delete all old tables or recreate the entire DB.

I often take the time to manually dump all my data base tables just in case, but in reality doesn't a new install automatically dump all tables with the same prefix?

I've had the same basic problem with 3 installs this week, each when trying to install and import a dump, I assume those were caused by bad dumps or wrong versions but in each case my user table was rewritten as "0".

Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164292 is a reply to message #164279] Wed, 19 January 2011 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
On most properly configured SQL systems, www user does not have rights to drop tables.

Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164296 is a reply to message #164292] Wed, 19 January 2011 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto wrote on Tue, 18 January 2011 21:33
On most properly configured SQL systems, www user does not have rights to drop tables.

Don't know how you mean "www user" I log in through the control panel to access the sql database as the DB user and select and drop the tables manually.

Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164298 is a reply to message #164296] Wed, 19 January 2011 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The issue is that the installer, quite successfully, dropped and re-created all the tables.

Step 5 empties the users table and inserts the first user (anonymous). The database should assign the primary key as ID=1.

Now, if you navigate back and forward within the installer, this operation will be repeated. MySQL and SQLite (and possibly some others) will reset the sequences and re-insert the row as ID=1. Oracle and PostgreSQL probably won't (ID will be 2,3,4...).

I've already fixed it, but will only commit it later.
Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164303 is a reply to message #164298] Wed, 19 January 2011 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you for your help!

I'm happy to report that I deleted the original installation, re-installed, and had no problems.
Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164330 is a reply to message #164303] Sat, 22 January 2011 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pleased to help, Welcome to the Family.

Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164331 is a reply to message #164298] Sun, 23 January 2011 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Wed, 19 January 2011 04:05
The issue is that the installer, quite successfully, dropped and re-created all the tables.

Step 5 empties the users table and inserts the first user (anonymous). The database should assign the primary key as ID=1.

Now, if you navigate back and forward within the installer, this operation will be repeated. MySQL and SQLite (and possibly some others) will reset the sequences and re-insert the row as ID=1. Oracle and PostgreSQL probably won't (ID will be 2,3,4...).

I've already fixed it, but will only commit it later.

So using the back and next buttons in the installer would reassign the anonymous user in mysql. But why would the admimport rewrite the user table to Zero when attempting to restore an rc2 dump to an rc2 install?

I've had that happen a few times, before I got it that I needed the user table to regain access and like yiu said before delete TV-1 and redo the upgrade to get right again.

Re: error message: FATAL ERROR: anonymous user's ID must be 1! [message #164332 is a reply to message #164331] Sun, 23 January 2011 03:17 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure how you can relate this to what happens during a restore.
Secondly, I'm not going to dig up old (whatever version's) RC2 code.
If you can reproduce on the latest final release, you are welcome to open a NEW TOPIC for this.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: maillist.php produces broken mail header
Next Topic: need advice on upgrading slightly broken legacy 2.7.7. forum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:10:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02799 seconds