FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Magical replicating posts
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Magical replicating posts [message #164288] Wed, 19 January 2011 02:58 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Logged in as admin and read a post, back to the topic list I see duplicates of the post I just read! Enter it again and back out and now there are 3!!!

Posts keep replicating and I find there are several others with 2 or more copies where there had only been 1, these are virtual identical copies, if I delete one they all go away, but they cannot be seen by a different login.

For a while if I logged in and went to the forum it showed me as being logged out, when I went back to the home page it showed me as logged in again.

I undid recent changes, email plugin, geo-location left, turned on check for duplicates renamed user, ran consistency checks. And finally they stopped replicating.

But there are still 10 or more duplicate posts/threads that seem to have spawned from nowhere!

Anyone else ever seen anything like this? Confused

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Magical replicating posts [message #164309 is a reply to message #164288] Wed, 19 January 2011 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Nope, never with FUDforum anyway.
Re: Magical replicating posts [message #164311 is a reply to message #164309] Wed, 19 January 2011 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Wed, 19 January 2011 10:15
Nope, never with FUDforum anyway.

Well you have now, I ended up deleting all the replicated posts, deleting one deleted all the others that were the same. Still don't know why this was, certainly the strangest thing I've seen.

Think I have gremlins!

Re: Magical replicating posts [message #164889 is a reply to message #164311] Tue, 29 March 2011 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yddub is currently offline  yddub   United States
Witcher,
Did it ever happen again? I am about to load this on a customer's site and would like to be ready if I see it also.

TIA
Buddy
Re: Magical replicating posts [message #164890 is a reply to message #164889] Tue, 29 March 2011 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it reoccurred periodically (perhaps 3 times out of a hundred threads started), but only on one forum installation (my 1st one), which has been in operation since 2006 and undergone lots of upgrades, tweaks, changes and modifications.

I have to believe that it's the result of some change I have made unfortunately I don't have the know-how to determine its cause, it seems to occur only in certain forums (not across the whole installation), and only seems to affect customized themes but not the default.

At any rate the few times it has happened since it has been a simple matter of logging out clearing the cache and logging back in for the duplicates to disappear.

Re: Magical replicating posts [message #164910 is a reply to message #164890] Sat, 02 April 2011 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yddub is currently offline  yddub   United States
Thanks Witch,
I'll watch for the issue and reply if we see it or figure out what may be the cause.
Re: Magical replicating posts [message #166005 is a reply to message #164910] Sat, 03 September 2011 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anik is currently offline  Anik
well for me every time i use the forum consistency and rebuilt message option, i loose all the topics in forum..it becomes blank..
Re: Magical replicating posts [message #166006 is a reply to message #166005] Sat, 03 September 2011 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Here we go again. No versions, no errors, no configuration details. I bet you've not even look in the error logs. I don't know why I bother replying...
Re: Magical replicating posts [message #166007 is a reply to message #166006] Sat, 03 September 2011 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
error logs were empty really..
Re: Magical replicating posts [message #166008 is a reply to message #166007] Sat, 03 September 2011 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
ja, right!
Re: Magical replicating posts [message #166010 is a reply to message #166008] Sat, 03 September 2011 08:28 Go to previous message
Frank if i bother you by my post then i am really sorry for that..if you want, delete them all and also remove me from this forum..i just wanted to participate here, nothing more..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: open_basedir restriction.
Next Topic: Spelling error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:11:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02863 seconds