FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once [message #164473] Tue, 08 February 2011 19:04 Go to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   
Hello,

Due to an bug during testing nntp functionality, I now have a whole ton of one message that is duplicated 100's of times. Is there an easy way to delete them all without having to delete them individually.

I know the message ID of the first and last message if that helps.

James.
Re: Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once [message #164474 is a reply to message #164473] Tue, 08 February 2011 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can easily merge all the duplicates into one thread. Is there a way to delete a thread with all of the messages in the thread?

James.
Re: Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once [message #164476 is a reply to message #164474] Tue, 08 February 2011 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Simply delete the thread from the topics page, if there are posts within the thread you wish to keep just split them off 1st.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once [message #164477 is a reply to message #164476] Tue, 08 February 2011 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, that's better. But you have to be in flat view for that to work. I'm normally in tree view and it's not an option.

James.
Re: Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once [message #164478 is a reply to message #164477] Tue, 08 February 2011 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
I see what you mean, but for the life of me I don't understand the fascination some people have for tree view, it's so inefficient and other than showing which replies were to which posts it seems like a big bother.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once [message #164479 is a reply to message #164478] Tue, 08 February 2011 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like tree view because I can see who has posted replies without having to open up the thread. There aren't that many new threads each day on the forums I watch so this way I can see all the lastest contributions at once.

James.
Re: Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once [message #164480 is a reply to message #164479] Wed, 09 February 2011 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
I can get that part about tree view, but if you wanna read the messages you have to click on each message individually, so annoying and would take such a long time hehe.

There is no delete topic in tree view?

Re: Delete a Large Number of Posts at Once [message #164501 is a reply to message #164480] Sat, 12 February 2011 04:04 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Ernesto wrote:
There is no delete topic in tree view?

Deleting the first message in the thread will trash the topic.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Why is FUDforum one of the most (if not the most) secure forum out there
Next Topic: Switching Off the Invisible Mode
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:06:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02370 seconds