FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Confusing Registration Form
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Confusing Registration Form [message #164652] Wed, 23 February 2011 18:49 Go to next message
aeneas is currently offline  aeneas
I just installed FUDforum and found that there is language for an agreement on the main registration page that doesn't make sense. This same language also appears on the registration page of this site. The text I am referring to is the following:

"Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form."

Is it possible that this should say "please DO NOT use this registration form."?
Re: Confusing Registration Form [message #164653 is a reply to message #164652] Wed, 23 February 2011 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
That's part of the U.S. mandated COPPA (Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act), which can be turned off in your admin panel global configuration settings. It is intended to refer to a form for adults to give consent so their children could access the forum.

You can edit or use it as you wish.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Confusing Registration Form [message #164680 is a reply to message #164653] Sat, 26 February 2011 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. Further inspection indicates that the language referred to herein is what is displayed when COPPA in turned off. When I turn on COPPA I get a different form that while creating added burden is at least understandable.

I've looked for a way to edit the subject text but haven't figured out where that is done. Is it possible that someone could be so kind as to elaborate on the proper way to do such editing?
Re: Confusing Registration Form [message #164681 is a reply to message #164680] Sat, 26 February 2011 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
I believe this is what you are looking for:

Admin control panel > Message Editor > select template set & language (generally default English) > edit forum_rules and/or forum_rules_13 (Under: pre_reg.tmpl )

Take your time and look around you may wish to edit/modify other messages as well It might also help to keep a copy of any changes you made for the future.

make sure you rebuild your themes.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Confusing Registration Form [message #164728 is a reply to message #164681] Thu, 03 March 2011 11:18 Go to previous message
Got it. Wow, that's a lot of messages!

Many thanks for the help!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum 2.5 source code
Next Topic: FUD Install error. :-(
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:11:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03981 seconds