FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » transferring styles between boards "under the hood"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
transferring styles between boards "under the hood" [message #164802] Thu, 10 March 2011 19:31 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
Suppose one had three boards, A, B, and C. Suppose further that Board A had a customized style that took a lot of time to create. Let's call the style, ALPHA-DOG. Suppose you wanted B and C to have that style. How would you do it by copying files inside your website's directory structure?

One finds FudForum theme files in three basic places: (1) in the offline directory under the folder "thm" (2) in the online directory under the folder "themes" and (3) in the offline directory under the folders "include --> themes" (or something close to that). So you have three places.

Question: if one were to copy and paste all of the ALPHA-DOG files from the three locations (folders) in (1) (2) (3) from Board A to boards B and C -- would that work? Would B and C have the ALPHA-DOG LOOK?

Here's why I ask: One of my boards is now broken. I'm getting this: Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /hsphere/local/home/ludwiggroup/sworg/include/core.inc on line 219

Any idea how to log into a board when it won't show you the log-in page? Any ideas at all how to fix this? I guess, theoretically, I could just delete the files I copied and see if that doesn't do it.

(Any help out there is most appreciated)
Re: transferring styles between boards "under the hood" [message #164804 is a reply to message #164802] Fri, 11 March 2011 03:41 Go to previous message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   
I figured out how to transfer a customized theme/template. In the above example, you would create a new template, called (in this example) ALPHA DOG. The template is based off of the default and transfers all of the files (the "not recommended" option). You then name the theme whatever you want (alpha dog?), and base it on your newly created template. Next, you cut and past all of the relevant files from your other board. You go into the non-browsable directory under "thm," and find the theme/template you are interested in (in this example, alpha-dog). You copy all of these files to the same directory for the other board ("thm"). Lastly, you rebuild the theme.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 March 2011 03:41]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Location of area immediately below header
Next Topic: Drupal 7
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:34:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04985 seconds