FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Dice Roller? (Anyone create an Dice Roller add in?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Dice Roller? [message #165409] Mon, 13 June 2011 20:45 Go to next message
like_a_god is currently offline  like_a_god   United States
Hello,

I'm using this wonderful forum software to host a site dedicated to tabletop roleplaying. Has anyone created a 'Dice Roller' add-on?

Thanks

like_a_god
Re: Dice Roller? [message #165411 is a reply to message #165409] Tue, 14 June 2011 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I've seen a couple of jQuery dice rollers that should be easy to integrate (jQuery is already included).
Re: Dice Roller? [message #165414 is a reply to message #165411] Tue, 14 June 2011 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've never used jQuery. I'll have to read up on how to use and implement that. Any resources you can point me toward?

Thanks

like_a_god
Re: Dice Roller? [message #165415 is a reply to message #165414] Wed, 15 June 2011 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Find a plugin you like and follow its installation instructions.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dice+roller+jQuery
Re: Dice Roller? [message #165420 is a reply to message #165415] Wed, 15 June 2011 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj,

Thanks for the link... I've been doing multiple searches and most seem to assume that you already know how to install. So, at this point, I'm still trying to get my head around how to install these. Some just simply link to a long string of code which rather than a file I'd put in the 'plugin' folder and activate via the administrator control panel.

Also, what I am finding seem to be stand alone applications or plugins that would have to be placed outside of the actual messaging area. It could be that I'm simply misunderstanding what I'm seeing.

Is there a way setting of another piece of code so a user could do something like
1d6=
and have it randomly and appear in the message? I've seen something like this for the phpbb3 system but nothing for the FUDforum.

Thanks

like_a_god
Re: Dice Roller? [message #165421 is a reply to message #165420] Wed, 15 June 2011 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Please do not confuse jQuery plugins with FUDforum's plugins. jQuery code must go into a template (exactly the same as with phpBB, or any other forum for that matter). For example, if you want to put something into a message, edit drawmsg.tmpl. Remember, jQuery is JavaScript and it is executed in your browser, not on the server.

Unfortunately I'm not a jQuery expert and cannot help you with jQuery plugins. You will have to select a suitable plugin yourself. If you cannot install it, ask for help on a jQuery forum. Once you get it to work on a stand-alone page, we can help you to integrate it into FUDforum.

Best of luck!
Re: Dice Roller? [message #169215 is a reply to message #165409] Tue, 10 September 2013 17:36 Go to previous message
Lifer4700 is currently offline  Lifer4700   United States
So, looking at the Plugin Directory, it appears as though there has been no progress on this topic in over two years.

Can this be true?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Theme router plug-in
Next Topic: Fudla Plugin
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:52:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02843 seconds