FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » phpbb3 conversion to 3.03RC1 - stuck (Migration Assistant and 3.03 RC1??)
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Message by ShineOn is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by ShineOn]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to next message
Re: phpbb3 conversion to 3.03RC1 - stuck [message #165647 is a reply to message #165644] Fri, 29 July 2011 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Yes, the upgrade pack is for FUDforum 3.0.2. We will release the new upgrade scripts with the final 3.0.3 release.

For now, please use the latest upgrade scripts in the SVN repository (trunk). You can also use FUDforum 3.0.2, but I would actually discourage it, as I won't be keen on fixing any potential problems you may get with it.

Alternatively, if you can provide me with backup of your forum (files + SQL), I can write a PHPBB v2 -> FUDforum 3.0.3 converter for you.
Message by ShineOn is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by ShineOn]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: phpbb3 conversion to 3.03RC1 - stuck [message #165939 is a reply to message #165936] Sun, 28 August 2011 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Exactly! It should be very easy to add a phpBB2 map. Let me know if you need some help. I can even write it for you if you have a test forum we can practice on.

All atachements should be converted (see function source_load_attachments() in phpBB3.map). Please ensure you have the latest version. If not, download it from sourceforge.net.
Message by ShineOn is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by ShineOn]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: phpbb3 conversion to 3.03RC1 - stuck [message #166068 is a reply to message #166067] Sun, 11 September 2011 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Please edit convert.php with a text editor and replace:
ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');
with
ini_set('memory_limit', '-1');
Re: phpbb3 conversion to 3.03RC1 - stuck [message #166071 is a reply to message #166070] Sun, 11 September 2011 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
For 1: Are you sure the extra slash makes a difference? Please check if the path is correct without the slash. If so, I can create a quick patch to solve the problem.

For 2: See http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/fudforum/?rev=5386&view=rev

Best regards.

Frank
Re: phpbb3 conversion to 3.03RC1 - stuck [message #166074 is a reply to message #166072] Tue, 13 September 2011 09:28 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
The migration assistant should work fine with 3.0.3RC2, and even better with 3.0.3!

The notice can be ignored, but if you insist, here's a patch:
http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/fudforum/?rev=5387&view=rev
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Importing from a non-forum user database
Next Topic: phpb2 converter and smilies mod
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 18 13:55:44 EDT 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00708 seconds