FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Announcements » FUDforum 3.0.3 released (Happy birthday to FUDforum and Wikipedia!)  () 3 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDforum 3.0.3 released [message #166060] Fri, 09 September 2011 21:16 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The final version of FUDforum 3.0.3, our 10 Year Anniversary Release, is now available for download.

Happy birthday to FUDforum and Wikipedia!

Please note that this is a stabilization release and only includes minor tweaks, fixes and translation updates.
To see the impressive list of changes introduced, please look at the 3.0.3RC1 and 3.0.3RC2 release announcements.

A couple of things to look out for: PHP 5.1 and MySQL 4 are not longer supported. Sites that use custom themes may also need to sync their templates with that of the default template set (we now use HTML5 and some messages were changed/split up).

As always, be careful, use it responsibly, and backup your site before upgrading.

Enjoy!

Frank
Re: FUDforum 3.0.3 released [message #166065 is a reply to message #166060] Sat, 10 September 2011 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
http://www.forum-software.org/badge/fudforum-fsr-review-badge.png
Message from the forum-software.org administrator:

Quote:
Congratulations!

I've posted a news to celebrate this event on FSR:
* http://www.forum-software.org/news/10092011-fudforum-303-10-year-anniversar y
and of course, I've also updated the related review
* http://www.forum-software.org/fudforum/review.

As usual, do not hesitate to:
* Advice your community to post their opinion on FUDForum on the User
Reviews page: http://www.forum-software.org/fudforum/user-reviews
* Paste our (fantastic?) badges on your website and forum signature:
http://www.forum-software.org/forum-badges?forum=fudforum

Have a nice day, and thanks again,

Please visit their site, leave some nice comments, and VOTE for FUDforum as the "Best Forum Software of 2011".

Best regards.

Frank
Re: FUDforum 3.0.3 released [message #166086 is a reply to message #166065] Wed, 14 September 2011 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr. Deejay is currently offline  Dr. Deejay   Netherlands
Congrats! Smile
Re: FUDforum 3.0.3 released [message #166092 is a reply to message #166086] Thu, 15 September 2011 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks Dr. Deejay!
It great to hear that at least one person appreciates the effort we've put into it.
Re: FUDforum 3.0.3 released [message #166120 is a reply to message #166060] Mon, 19 September 2011 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
naudefj wrote on Thu, 15 September 2011 03:40
Thanks Dr. Deejay!
It great to hear that at least one person appreciates the effort we've put into it.
Oh we appreciate it Frank we've just been busy upgrading and "testing furiously" at any rate congratulations on another forum milestone.

naudefj wrote on Fri, 09 September 2011 16:16
Sites that use custom themes may also need to sync their templates with that of the default template set (we now use HTML5 and some messages were changed/split up).Frank

Good advice! I found dozens of old template sets and hundreds of unneeded files, headers, CSS, language images in different color hues etc in my installations.
Rather than sift through and manually sync them I simply copied the whole "thm" directory from a new installation, deleted the "thm" directory from each of my installations and uploaded the saved "thm' directory to them.

That means I'll need to redo my customizations but that's a small price to pay for using the finest forum software available.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: FUDforum 3.0.3 released [message #166122 is a reply to message #166120] Tue, 20 September 2011 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeppelinfan is currently offline  Zeppelinfan   France
Yeah it's the best forum software available
Re: FUDforum 3.0.3 released [message #166158 is a reply to message #166122] Tue, 04 October 2011 12:43 Go to previous message
eclipsewebmaster is currently offline  eclipsewebmaster   Canada
Congrats -- and thanks for all the hard work.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum 3.0.3RC2 released
Next Topic: Second Translation Rally at #translatewiki
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:13:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02819 seconds