FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » 2 more bugs, if FUDforum used as Mailman archives (1. Every reply message becomes new 'topic', 2. Images cut off)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2 more bugs, if FUDforum used as Mailman archives [message #166284] Wed, 26 October 2011 19:06 Go to next message
kslist is currently offline  kslist
Hello All:

As in two earlier bug reports mentioned, I installed FUDforum to server as a better searchable etc. ARCHIVE for an active academic Mailman discussion list.

I noticed two more bugs, one of them is unfortunately very severe:

(1) The IMPORT of all messages from the existing Mailman archives only had minor problems. The real problem now comes in when Mailman list subscribers post new messages. If any subscriber posts replies to existing threads/topics (that is, with same subject line than earlier created by another subscriber), then every reply creates a *new* thread/topic in the forum. Again, in the earlier Mailman archive import all looked fine, this now only happens with new messages that come in day by day. If there is no way to rectify this (is there?) we cannot use FUDforum for this purpose then. Anything I can do about this?

(2) One more minor issue: images that are posted within the Mailman email text are cut off when posted in the FUDforum -- although our settings do allow to include images (up to a certain size). Any ideas ...?

Thank you!
Frank

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2011 19:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2 more bugs, if FUDforum used as Mailman archives [message #166289 is a reply to message #166284] Sat, 29 October 2011 06:18 Go to previous message
kslist is currently offline  kslist
Dear All:

The above reported problem (1) has easily been solved with the following settings change (I am not yet familiar with FUDforum, so I did not find this earlier):
Administration --> Mailing List Manager --> [select mailing list under "Available rules"] --> set "Slow Reply Match" to value "yes"
So, this was not really a bug then.

Problem (2) and the other problems reported in two other messages here are still unsolved.

Best,
Frank
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Error in message rebuild
Next Topic: feeds (RDS or others) NOT working for IE and Google Chrome
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 15:37:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02506 seconds