FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Props to Frank
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Props to Frank [message #166355] Thu, 24 November 2011 12:13 Go to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   
Hello everyone,

I think we all need to thank Frank _a lot_ for all the work he does on this. The nature of these forums is that we tend to only gripe when we see something that doesn't work and I know, from other parts of my life, that can be grating after awhile. I was reminded of this on my last message. I'm not sure if Frank's response was sarcastic or not, but in either case we need to thank him anyways.

So thanks for all your hard work Frank. I haven't been around FUDforum that long but I've seen a great increase in the quality of the forum. Over the last 2-3 years many features have been added, the install/upgrade process is way easier, and overall the system keeps getting faster and faster. So great job all around.

A quick story. I use FUDforums to mirror/sync with nntp forums. These forums are the _official_ support channel for a CAD tool that I use and distribute. When I started the company had no desire to do anything but NNTP and so the opportunity for me to create a web interface using FUDforum. Well that little software company got bought out by a large multi-national company with a huge IT department. It didn't take long before they wanted to integrate the support forums into their slick and shiny web community that they had started. Somehow they convinced them to still keep the nntp as the official channel and mirror it using the web (like I as doing). Long story short, it's taken them about 2 years to get something that _almost_ works and they still have issues with attachments, user ids, and some other misc issues. And their conversion to text of nntp is a far cry from what FUDforum does. Any users who know always recommend my interface using FUDforum over their bloatware all the time!

So great job.

Cheers,

James.
Re: Props to Frank [message #166356 is a reply to message #166355] Thu, 24 November 2011 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Agreed.....Frank deserves a lot of credit.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Props to Frank [message #166418 is a reply to message #166355] Sat, 03 December 2011 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShineOn is currently offline  ShineOn   United States
I agree - I haven't been using FUDforum for very long, but I am very impressed with the ease of installation, and have worked with Frank a few times on issues I had converting from phpbb2, and Frank has been very responsive and helpful.

Thank you, Frank, for all you've been doing for us!
Big Props to Frank. Great, great work. [message #166653 is a reply to message #166355] Sun, 05 February 2012 19:25 Go to previous message
bbnewbie is currently offline  bbnewbie   
Very thankful to have found this.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Get rid of __autoload() and global settings
Next Topic: Any ideas on how to create a "FASTER FUD"?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:42:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02592 seconds