FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Karma/user reputation patch (patch to allow rate users based on their posts and create user karma)  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Karma/user reputation patch [message #166923] Fri, 30 March 2012 10:54 Go to next message
trepstrer is currently offline  trepstrer   Czech Republic
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Hi,

I've created a small patch to add karma feature into current FUDforum 3.0.3. Initially I thought it should be a plugin, but it turned out to be easier to write a patch.
The patch require modification of the database (attached SQL script) and some new messages (also in the patch)

Features:

* full AJAX support (no page reloads)
* use current Rate Topic and Can rate permissions
* users with "can rate" permission can add +1 or -1 to the author of the post
* author can't change karma for own posts
* forum admin can remove karma rating (click on Karma counter next to the user)

Installation:

1. install FUDforum 3.0.3
2. edit attached fudforum_karma.sql to match your table prefix (it's on default fud30_)
3. import fudforum_karma.sql - 'mysql -p <database_name> < fudforum_karma.sql'
* this will add new table karma_rating_track and also add new column to the users table (named karma)
4. apply patch to forum files in web directory (default /var/www/html/fudforum) by 'patch -p0 < fudforum_karma.patch'
5. apply patch to forum data folder (default /var/www/FUDforum) by 'patch -p0 < fudforum_karma_datadir.patch'
6. login to forum administration and rebuild default theme. You should see "Karma: 0" next to user avatar. Works only for default theme.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 March 2012 10:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #166952 is a reply to message #166923] Fri, 06 April 2012 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous

Τhanks!
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #166964 is a reply to message #166952] Tue, 10 April 2012 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Would be great if we could integrate this into FUDforum.
However, you've copyrighted it!?!
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #166967 is a reply to message #166964] Tue, 10 April 2012 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trepstrer is currently offline  trepstrer   Czech Republic
add to buddy list
Only the new files I created. However, it's still under GPL so feel free to use it or modify it.
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #167057 is a reply to message #166967] Thu, 19 April 2012 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
I've applied your patch, but cannot see any up and down rating links/buttons. CSS declarations for "a.up" and "a.down" are never used. Can you please post the missing code as well?
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #167058 is a reply to message #167057] Thu, 19 April 2012 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Sorry, it is actually working! I've missed the "Rate author of the post: +1 -1" links.
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #167059 is a reply to message #167057] Thu, 19 April 2012 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trepstrer is currently offline  trepstrer   United States
add to buddy list
Everything is already in the patch. Look into patched thm/default/tmpl/drawmsg.tmpl.
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #167066 is a reply to message #167059] Fri, 20 April 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
The Karma/user reputation patch was committed and will be part of FUDforum 3.0.4. To enable it, navigate to the Global Settings Manager and change "Karma" from "no" to "yes".
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #167800 is a reply to message #166923] Sat, 29 September 2012 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gooner is currently offline  gooner
add to buddy list
hi!
I have a question about mod

I check enable on the Karma in settings..ok, I see +1 -1 in every message..but i can't see quantity of Karma in message and under user avatar

can you help me, please?
Re : Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #168122 is a reply to message #167066] Sun, 03 February 2013 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LucZC is currently offline  LucZC
remove from buddy list
Thanks for the inclusion of this patch in the code base.

This may be a good basis to implement a future REDDIT-like comment ranking mechanism, that I will describe later in FUDforum Suggestions.
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #168220 is a reply to message #166923] Wed, 06 March 2013 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trepstrer is currently offline  trepstrer   United States
add to buddy list
I have discovered that users were to able vote repeatedly for the same message under certain conditions.
Attached is a patch which will fix that and allows only one vote per message per user.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 March 2013 12:41]

Report message to a moderator

Message by littleking is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by littleking]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #168483 is a reply to message #168481] Tue, 07 May 2013 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
I've just +1'ed you and it's working just fine on this forum.
Message by littleking is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by littleking]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Karma/user reputation patch [message #187573 is a reply to message #168485] Thu, 13 September 2018 11:01 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Patch was applied @ https://sourceforge.net/p/fudforum/code/6198
Thank you Petr!
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: How would i change the Id of a whole thread ?
Next Topic: Make the » in the Pager jump to the very end ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Dec 11 13:33:17 EST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00825 seconds