FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgrade bollixed access to cPanel
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Upgrade bollixed access to cPanel [message #167208] Fri, 18 May 2012 04:16 Go to next message
Tikatu is currently offline  Tikatu   United States
My friend has finally updated her FUDforum from 2.7 to 3.0. Yay!!

Problem is, she can no longer access her webserver's cPanel.

Here's what she had to say:
Quote:
Sigh. The good news is the forum upgraded to 3.0 once I figured out I was uploading the files in ASCII instead of binary. The bad news is that it's thrown up an entirely different error and I can't get into my webserver's cPanel because it won't load, I keep getting a 'server is taking too long to respond' message.

She believes that the upgrade has bollixed her connections to the cPanel and I haven't heard anything to the contrary since. She hasn't told me what that entirely different error consists of, but when I tried to reach the forum, this is what I got:

Quote:
Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: fe_sendauth: no password supplied in /home/(site redacted)/index.php on line 30

Warning: pg_last_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/(site redacted)/index.php on line 30

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/(site redacted)/public_html/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 184

Any suggestions?

[Updated on: Fri, 18 May 2012 04:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upgrade bollixed access to cPanel [message #167212 is a reply to message #167208] Sat, 19 May 2012 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An update: my friend has managed to get to her cPanel, but now the upgrade scripts are denying her access to her MySQL database. Any suggestions on what she can do to fix this, because I don't know how to get 2.7 uploaded on my site, and that seems to be the only alternative.
Re: Upgrade bollixed access to cPanel [message #167216 is a reply to message #167212] Sat, 19 May 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum in itself wouldn't mess up cPanel. My guess would be that your friend perfomed acions that impacted cPanel.
Re: Upgrade bollixed access to cPanel [message #167217 is a reply to message #167216] Sat, 19 May 2012 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said in my update, she's got her cPanel working again. Should I create another topic with the issue of the MySQL database? The upgrade script is denying her access to it.
Re: Upgrade bollixed access to cPanel [message #167218 is a reply to message #167217] Sat, 19 May 2012 16:19 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Sorry, I've missed your update.

You are obviously welcome to start a new thread, however, please keep in mind that we do not do database support. MySQL connectivity is only an issue to us if other scripts/programs can connect, but FUDforum somehow cannot. A highly unlikely scenario!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUD_OPT_3 Error
Next Topic: 3.0.2. -> 3.04 RC 1 "fud_tv_1.id "
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 10:53:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02604 seconds