FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon8.gif  Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167506] Wed, 04 July 2012 17:14 Go to next message
AutoHost is currently offline  AutoHost   United States
When I run upgrade.php I get the following error after authenticating:

ERROR: Unknown column 'users_opt' in 'where clause'
QUERY: SELECT id FROM fud23_users WHERE login='ron' AND passwd='XXXX' AND (users_opt & 1048576) > 0

Looks like FudForum 2.3.5 doesn't have a 'users_opt' column.

Where are the old upgrade scripts, so I can attempt to upgrade in smaller steps?

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost

[Updated on: Wed, 04 July 2012 17:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167508 is a reply to message #167506] Thu, 05 July 2012 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dennisp is currently offline  dennisp   Taiwan
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fudforum/files/Old%20releases/

The intermediate files are there with each subversion's subversion!

Dennis
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167509 is a reply to message #167508] Thu, 05 July 2012 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry...I just realized that what you actually meant.....
I downloaded the 3.0.0 upgrade script separate from the install and im guessing that what you meant by "other" upgrade scripts...
I looked in the folder I mentioned and its not there....as you probably checked too... Razz
sorry.

Will look around.
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167510 is a reply to message #167509] Thu, 05 July 2012 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok..I think I got it to work.....
Just need Frank to confirm what I did was ok...

In the 3.0.3 forum tables, I found the field users_opt in the user table. Its of type int(11) with default val=0 no auto increment.
I added that field to the 2.3.5 user table. Copied the actual users_opt value that was stored for the 3.0.3 admin user to 2.3.5 admin user.
and the error stop appearing and the upgrade process seemed to carry on.

Now what is the users_opt field?
Back to version 3.0.3, I added three other general users and all of them had user_opt set to: 4357110
Now once the upgrade is done....I wonder if the old users will have a "0" value of some other value.
Maybe, once the upgrade is done, you can make all the users have the 4357110 value if it does not already have that value? Not sure what the purpose of user_opt is? Need Clarification.

In subsequent posts, I will post text output of the upgrade....
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167511 is a reply to message #167510] Thu, 05 July 2012 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Screen 1) After adding the users_opt field and running upgrade.php for the first time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 42

Warning: array_walk() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 43

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 44

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 46

Warning: array_walk() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 47

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 50

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 54

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 57

Warning: array_walk() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 58

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 59

After the above, I had the login screen for the admin user to authenticate and start upgrade.
In the login screen there is a check box asking "Have you manually modified FUDforum's SQL structure? (leave unchecked if unsure)"
Not sure what ramifications that has....

[Updated on: Thu, 05 July 2012 04:07]

Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167512 is a reply to message #167511] Thu, 05 July 2012 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After Login as admin:

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 42

Warning: array_walk() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 43

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 44

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 46

Warning: array_walk() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 47

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 50

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 54

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 57

Warning: array_walk() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 58

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum\include\reg_globals.inc on line 59
Do the upgrade

Checking if SQL permissions to perform the upgrade are available.
Disabling the forum.
Forum is now disabled.

Beginning the file upgrade process.
Beginning to decompress the archive.
Finished decompressing the archive.
File Upgrade Complete.
All changed files were backed up to: "D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\forum/errors/.backup/".

Beginning SQL Upgrades.
Convert table fud23_action_log to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_announce to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_ann_forums to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_attach to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_avatar to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_blocked_logins to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_buddy to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_cat to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_custom_tags to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_email_block to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_ext_block to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_forum to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_forum_notify to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_forum_read to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_groups to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_group_cache to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_group_members to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_group_resources to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_index to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_ip_block to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_level to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_mime to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_mlist to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_mod to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_mod_que to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_msg to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_msg_report to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_nntp to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_pmsg to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_poll to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_poll_opt to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_poll_opt_track to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_read to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_replace to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_search to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_ses to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_smiley to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_themes to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_thread to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_thread_notify to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_thread_rate_track to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_thr_exchange to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_title_index to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_users to UTF-8.
Convert table fud23_user_ignore to UTF-8.
SQL Upgrades Complete.

Creating Avatar Cache.
Reserving id for anon users
Adding GLOBAL Variables.
Compiling theme default.

Executing the Consistency Checker.
If the popup with the consistency checker failed to appear you MUST >> click here << to complete the upgrade.

Please remove the upgrade script to prevent hackers from running it. The script is located at D:\xampp\htdocs\sah\2-3-5\upgrade.php

Also another window poppedup/opened asking me to login as admin. Assuming for consistency check.
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167513 is a reply to message #167512] Thu, 05 July 2012 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like the consistency checker did not run.....
ran it manually....

Disabling the forum for the duration of maintenance run.
Locking the database for checking
Locked!
Validating category order
Done: Validating category order
Checking if moderator and users table match
Rebuilding moderators
Done: Rebuilding moderators
Checking if all private messages have users
Checking messages against users & threads
Checking threads against forums
Checking message approvals
Done: Checking message approvals
Checking threads against messages
OK
Checking thread last & first post ids
Done: Checking thread last & first post ids
Checking forum & topic relations
Done: Checking forum & topic relations
Validating Forum Order
Done: Validating Forum Order
Checking for presence of forum lock tables
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167514 is a reply to message #167513] Thu, 05 July 2012 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like the upgrade went through.....but i don't have any messages to test with...

Anyways...can't spend any more time on this now...later during the day...
Hope this leads somewhere....
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167515 is a reply to message #167514] Thu, 05 July 2012 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The Consistency Checker must run until it is completed! Yours only run halfway through.

After that you will see all your messages.
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167518 is a reply to message #167515] Thu, 05 July 2012 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm...I tried it again and it stops at the same place every time.....the consistency checker that is...

Will play with it later this evening....
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167519 is a reply to message #167518] Thu, 05 July 2012 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also can you please confirm that what I did with the users_opt field earlier was ok?

What is the purpose of users_opt - permission levels? Moderators perms?
I saw that one of the queries does an ANDing with the users_opt field, im assuming to check and see if user has admin rights...
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167520 is a reply to message #167519] Thu, 05 July 2012 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Possibly a web server timeout? Check your http logs for details.

Options are documented at Fud30_users. If you've added this field yourself, the upgrade script may not create and populate it as it is supposed to do.
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167522 is a reply to message #167520] Thu, 05 July 2012 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But as Autohost said and as I tried, the upgrade script fails with the following error:

ERROR: Unknown column 'users_opt' in 'where clause'
QUERY: SELECT id FROM fud23_users WHERE login='ron' AND passwd='XXXX' AND (users_opt & 1048576) > 0

I can confirm since I tried to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 to test it out.

Hence I suggested that one put it in manually.

Because of said error: Autohost wanted to do an incremental upgrade from 2.3.5 to probably 2.5 or something and then go to 3.0.0 and was thus looking for the relevant upgrade scripts.

What do you think is the way around this? or through it? Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 05 July 2012 10:37]

Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167528 is a reply to message #167522] Fri, 06 July 2012 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Unfortunately FUDforum 2.3.5 is way before my time. In fact it was released 8 years ago. My suggestion would be to upgrade to an intermediate release.
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167529 is a reply to message #167528] Fri, 06 July 2012 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes..thats what he has decided to do....move to 2.7.3 first and then higher.
Looks like one cannot move from 2.3.5 directly to 3.0.0.

Thanks for all your help! Smile

Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167530 is a reply to message #167529] Fri, 06 July 2012 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Looks like 'users_opt' was introduced in FUDforum 2.6.0.

I should be able to prep a patch for 3.0.0 if you are interested. Something like this should work:

// FUDforum releases before 2.6.0 doesn't have a 'users_opt' field.
try {
	// Try with 'users_opt'.
	$auth = q_singleval("SELECT id FROM ".$DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX."users WHERE login='".addslashes($_POST['login'])."' AND passwd='".md5($_POST['passwd'])."' AND (users_opt & 1048576) > 0");
} catch (Exception $e) {
	// It didn't work, try without 'users_opt'.
	$auth = q_singleval("SELECT id FROM ".$DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX."users WHERE login='".addslashes($_POST['login'])."' AND passwd='".md5($_POST['passwd'])."' AND is_mod='A'");
}
Re: Upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.0 not working [message #167533 is a reply to message #167530] Sun, 08 July 2012 04:57 Go to previous message
Thanks for the patch...but he went ahead with the version - by version upgrade! Smile
I guess that patch would still work for other users who are still running a really old version and want to upgrade! Smile

Thanks for all your help again.

Dennis
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: admuser.php:359 ) 1054: Unknown column 'last_used_ip' in 'field list'
Next Topic: Upgrading 3.0.1 -> 3.0.4.1 failed: Convert reg_ip to registration_ip for IPv6
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 16:03:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02492 seconds