FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Lost admin privileges
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Lost admin privileges [message #167542] Mon, 09 July 2012 06:44 Go to next message
cmswazey is currently offline  cmswazey   United States
Hi

I am not admin or tech savvy. I have a forum, which I inherited. I'm not a systems person. Not great at this stuff.

So anyway, I was in the admin stuff today for the forum, then all of a sudden, out of the blue, I lost my admin privileges. The permissions went away. I can't do any admin stuff.

This is probably a silly question, but for this to happen suddenly- could this be due to a virus or something? I heard there was something coming and I wondered if that related or if that's a sheer coincidence.

Re: Lost admin privileges [message #167543 is a reply to message #167542] Mon, 09 July 2012 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It cannot happen by itself. You may have performed an action that caused it, or someone else gained access to your forum. What version are you running?
Re: Lost admin privileges [message #167544 is a reply to message #167543] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmswazey is currently offline  cmswazey   
I don't know. I inherited it. I don't even know how to tell. I'd go into the admin panel to see, but now it won't let me. Maybe I'll call the hosting people. I don't really know how to do any of this stuff.
Re: Lost admin privileges [message #167556 is a reply to message #167544] Thu, 12 July 2012 11:31 Go to previous message
dennisp is currently offline  dennisp   Taiwan
On the main page of the forum, if you scroll all the way down..in the center of the screen..if the forum was not modified, it should show the version like: