FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Quotes are not working
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Quotes are not working [message #167697] Sat, 01 September 2012 15:01 Go to next message
Moachist is currently offline  Moachist   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user

Somehow I have a new formatting window that whenever someone chooses to quote a post, it doesn't put the ending /quote on the quoted post. I disabled all plug-ins in case it was one of those. Any ideas?

A formatting bar shows up underneath the main formatting tools bar and seems to be the cause. This formatting bar seems to be new, and I cannot figure out how to make it go away.
Re: Quotes are not working [message #167699 is a reply to message #167697] Sun, 02 September 2012 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Moachist wrote on Sat, 01 September 2012 21:01

Somehow I have a new formatting window that whenever someone chooses to quote a post, it doesn't put the ending /quote on the quoted post. I disabled all plug-ins in case it was one of those. Any ideas?

A formatting bar shows up underneath the main formatting tools bar and seems to be the cause. This formatting bar seems to be new, and I cannot figure out how to make it go away.

Test forum quoting.
No problem here...
Re: Quotes are not working [message #167700 is a reply to message #167699] Sun, 02 September 2012 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
naudefj wrote on Sun, 02 September 2012 01:10
Moachist wrote on Sat, 01 September 2012 21:01

Test forum quoting.
No problem here...

Yes, and when I quote here, the end /quote is added and the second formatting bar doesn't show up. I see the "Formatting Tools:" bar here. On my forum, I also have another tool bar that drops down below that and I cannot figure out where it came from? I want to say it is from a plugin (maybe the CKEditor plugin?) but I have disabled all plug-ins and the formatting issue still continues. I attached a screen shot of this as well.

• Attachment: example.gif
    (Size: 37.81KB, Downloaded 234 times)
Re: Quotes are not working [message #167701 is a reply to message #167700] Sun, 02 September 2012 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Ensure CKEditor is disabled and recompile your themes.
Re: Quotes are not working [message #167702 is a reply to message #167701] Sun, 02 September 2012 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
I had to force the theme to rebuild, even though when I disable ckeditor it says it was rebuilding it. A manual rebuild of the theme fixed the issue. Thank you.
Re : Re: Quotes are not working [message #167963 is a reply to message #167702] Tue, 27 November 2012 10:01 Go to previous message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
add to buddy list
Sorry, had the same problem. Fogot to recompile the themes after disabling CKEditor. Forget my previous message.

Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Newsgoups and XML aggregation
Next Topic: Lost many messages and photos ! help, please...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 16 22:09:27 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00644 seconds