FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Syntax error in code generated after adding {IF} to template
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Syntax error in code generated after adding {IF} to template [message #167801] Mon, 01 October 2012 19:20 Go to next message
DPhan is currently offline  DPhan   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
In the default index.tmpl file, I made the following change:

before:
{TEMPLATE: show_links}

after:
{IF: _uid} {TEMPLATE: show_links} {ENDIF}

The generated code BEFORE the change is as follows:

"index.php?t=selmsg&amp;date=today&amp;<?php echo _rsid; ?>&amp;frm_id=<?php echo (isset($frm->forum_id) ? $frm->forum_id.'' : $frm->id.'' ) .'&amp;th='.$th.'" title="Show all messages that were posted today" rel="nofollow">Today's Messages</a>
'.(_uid ? '<b>::</b> <a href=" index.php?t=selmsg&amp;unread=1&amp;'._rsid.'&amp;frm_id='.(iss et($frm- >forum_id) ? $frm->forum_id.'' : $frm->id.'' ) .'" title="Show all unread messages" rel="nofollow">Unread Messages</a>&nbsp;' : ''); ?>
<?php echo (!$th ? '<b>::</b> <a href=" index.php?t=selmsg&amp;reply_count=0&amp;'._rsid.'&amp;frm_id=' .(isset($frm- >forum_id) ? $frm->forum_id.'' : $frm->id.'' ) .'" title="Show all messages, which have no replies" rel="nofollow">Unanswered Messages</a>&nbsp;' : ''); ?>
<b>::</b> <a href="index.php?t=mnav&amp;<?php echo _rsid; ?>" rel="nofollow">Message Navigator</a><?php echo $admin_cp; ?>
<?php echo $cat_path; ?>

The generated code AFTER the change contains syntax error and is as follows:

<?php echo (_uid ? ' <span class="GenText fb">Show:</span>
<a href=" index.php?t=selmsg&amp;date=today&amp;'._rsid.'&amp;frm_id='.(i sset($frm- >forum_id) ? $frm->forum_id.'' : $frm->id.'' ) .'&amp;th='.$th.'" title="Show all messages that were posted today" rel="nofollow">Today's Messages</a>
'.(_uid ? '<b>::</b> <a href=" index.php?t=selmsg&amp;unread=1&amp;'._rsid.'&amp;frm_id='.(iss et($frm- >forum_id) ? $frm->forum_id.'' : $frm->id.'' ) .'" title="Show all unread messages" rel="nofollow">Unread Messages</a>&nbsp;' : ''); ?>
<?php echo (!$th ? '<b>::</b> <a href=" index.php?t=selmsg&amp;reply_count=0&amp;'._rsid.'&amp;frm_id=' .(isset($frm- >forum_id) ? $frm->forum_id.'' : $frm->id.'' ) .'" title="Show all messages, which have no replies" rel="nofollow">Unanswered Messages</a>&nbsp;' : ''); ?>
<b>::</b> <a href="index.php?t=mnav&amp;<?php echo _rsid; ?>" rel="nofollow">Message Navigator</a> ' : ''); ?>
<?php echo $admin_cp; ?>
<?php echo $cat_path; ?>

Correct the syntax error by removing the trailing ; ?> near "Unanswered Messages" and replace with a dot, and add a
single quote on the next line.

Corrected version:

<?php echo (_uid ? ' <span class="GenText fb">Show:</span>
<a href=" index.php?t=selmsg&amp;date=today&amp;'._rsid.'&amp;frm_id='.(i sset($frm- >forum_id) ? $frm->forum_id.'' : $frm->id.'' ) .'&amp;th='.$th.'" title="Show all messages that were posted today" rel="nofollow">Today's Messages</a>
<?php echo (!$th ? '<b>::</b> <a href=" index.php?t=selmsg&amp;reply_count=0&amp;'._rsid.'&amp;frm_id=' .(isset($frm- >forum_id) ? $frm->forum_id.'' : $frm->id.'' ) .'" title="Show all messages, which have no replies" rel="nofollow">Unanswered Messages</a>&nbsp;' : '') .
'<b>::</b> <a href="index.php?t=mnav&amp;<?php echo _rsid; ?>" rel="nofollow">Message Navigator</a> ' : ''); ?>
<?php echo $admin_cp; ?>
<?php echo $cat_path; ?>

I started to look at the code generation routine compiler.inc for a permanent fix but I thought I should ask if there is someone who is more familiar with this code generation routine.

Dan
Re: Syntax error in code generated after adding {IF} to template [message #167803 is a reply to message #167801] Wed, 03 October 2012 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Still no reply from anyone....just wondering if my posting wasn't clear enough.

Has anyone had experience modifying the template code? The findings I posted suggest that (randomly) adding {IF} is not to be taken lightly. I can suggest a code fix to the code generation routine but due to its potentially extensive impact, lots of testing will be required.

Is there a test suite for the code generator?

Dan
Re: Syntax error in code generated after adding {IF} to template [message #167806 is a reply to message #167803] Thu, 04 October 2012 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
See http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9288

"Normally you can end the expression using {end}, but if you don't have an else you need to use {endif}. The {endI} and {endifI} are special terminators you need to use in the place of {end} and {endif} when your conditional expression is within another conditional expression."

I normally play with the various forms of {IF: } until I get one that works:
{IF: ...}...{ELSE}...{END}
{IF: ...}...{ENDIF}

Within another {IF: }
{IF: ...}...{ELSE}...{ENDI}
{IF: ...}...{ENDIFI}
Re: Syntax error in code generated after adding {IF} to template [message #167807 is a reply to message #167806] Thu, 04 October 2012 18:36 Go to previous message
add to buddy list
Hi Naudefj,

Thanks for the reply.

I took your advice and tried all the combinations you suggested, but alas the syntax error problem persists. In fact in looking at the code generation routine in compile.inc, aside from a simple white space in the generated code, I really don't see the difference between ENDIF and ENDIFI, nor the difference between END and ENDI.

Straight from .../FUDforum/include/compiler.inc, starting from line 302:

case 'END':
                $ret .= "' ) .'";
                break;

case 'ENDI':
                $ret .= "' )  .'";
                break;

case 'ENDIF':
                $ret .= "' : '' ) .'";
                break;

case 'ENDIFI':
                $ret .= "' : '' )  .'";
                break;

Any other ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Dan
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Cross-site scripting attacks
Next Topic: Fatal error if moderator uses the "move selected" button
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 16:59:35 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00615 seconds