FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Some Problems After Upgrading From 2.7.7 to 3.0.4 (Can't attach files, threads stay marked as unread, login problems)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Some Problems After Upgrading From 2.7.7 to 3.0.4 [message #167833] Wed, 17 October 2012 12:54 Go to next message
pyroxid is currently offline  pyroxid
Hi,

we have been running a 2.7.7. forum for years, and just upgraded (in several in-between-steps, directly was not possible) to 3.0.4.

The forum does run well for many users. Alas, some, especially long-time-users, report some problems that I have been stabbing at for weeks and not the slightest clue as to why it is that way. These following two I can not reproduce myself.

1) Most threads and posts that have been previously read will still be marked as red (unread).

2) Some users will not stay logged in when they leave and re-enter the site (having cookies allowed) and for some weird reason when they log in, they land directly on the profile page after logging in, everytime.

The next one I also have.
3) We have set the allowed max file size to 8192KB, it also says so when you try to attach a file when posting, but when you choose a file path and click "upload", the forum says "file size too big (over allowed threshold of 8388608 Bytes)" - but the file is only 100KB. Tried with different files. Right now we can't attach files in a thread.

Our forum is really important to us and right now users are complaining a lot as to the usability because of these issues. Any help will be deeply appreciated!
(Forum Consistency, Rebuild Search Index, Rebuild Messages was done after each upgrading step.)

Thanks for any help,
Hendrik
Re: Some Problems After Upgrading From 2.7.7 to 3.0.4 [message #167842 is a reply to message #167833] Sun, 21 October 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
They may be related to customizations, as we don't experience any of these symptoms here - or in fact, on any of the forums that I manage.

Anyway, if you can setup a reproducible test case for any of these issues, I'll gladly look at them.
Aw: Re: Some Problems After Upgrading From 2.7.7 to 3.0.4 [message #167890 is a reply to message #167842] Thu, 01 November 2012 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pyroxid is currently offline  pyroxid
Thank you kindly, I will gladly set up a test case and try to reproduce any of the cases. I'll post when I have it done, thanks again!
Aw: Re: Some Problems After Upgrading From 2.7.7 to 3.0.4 [message #167925 is a reply to message #167890] Tue, 13 November 2012 18:15 Go to previous message
pyroxid is currently offline  pyroxid   Germany
I could fix issue 3 thanks to the explanation in this post: http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=120189&goto=166079& ;#msg_166079

Sadly, the others I am yet to reproduce, even though they sometimes still get reported.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Setting up forum with web, mailing list, and NNTP
Next Topic: NNTP suggestions
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:49:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03330 seconds