FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Migrating FUDforum from one server to another
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Migrating FUDforum from one server to another [message #168100] Sat, 26 January 2013 21:57 Go to next message
Tony is currently offline  Tony   United States
I have a forum running FUDforum 2.7.7. It needs to be upgraded, but I want to do testing before I make changes in production. However, I'm having a hard time creating a working copy of the forum.

I've installed FUDforum 2.7.7 in a test environment, but what steps do I need to take to create a working copy of the forum. I tried copying the installation directory, importing the SQL dump, fixing the symbolic links and configuration settings, but I still get errors. Am I missing a step? Is there a guide to doing what I'm trying to do?
Re: Migrating FUDforum from one server to another [message #168101 is a reply to message #168100] Sun, 27 January 2013 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NeXuS is currently offline  NeXuS
Contributing Core Developer
You also need to copy the data directory, not only the installation directory.

Also, once you move the install and data dirs you should edit the GLOBALS.php file to reflect the changes in path.
Re: Migrating FUDforum from one server to another [message #168102 is a reply to message #168101] Sun, 27 January 2013 06:24 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Also see "I've moved my forum to a new server, how do I get it to work again?" in the FAQ.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PHP PROBLEMS
Next Topic: Replies to topic not being emailed to users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 17:45:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03312 seconds