FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » search not working
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
search not working [message #168182] Thu, 21 February 2013 15:11 Go to next message
zbob is currently offline  zbob   United States
I just installed about a month ago and starting posting some test messages. When I do a search sometimes I get correct results sometimes nothing depending on the word searched. Its almost as if some messages are in the search index and some are not. I did a rebuild search index from admin but that did not help.

I also noticed that it appears that the only search results that work are with words that are capitalized in the message.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bob

FUDforum version: 3.0.4
PHP version: 5.3.10
PHP built on: Windows NT 206953-7 6.1 build 7601 (Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition Service Pack 1) i586
Database type: mssql (sqlsrv)
Database version: 10.50.2500
Web server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Web server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi

[Updated on: Thu, 21 February 2013 16:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: search not working [message #168189 is a reply to message #168182] Fri, 22 February 2013 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I may have this partially figured out. There is a unique contraint on the "search" table. This causes a db error when inserting duplicate words and stops the rebuild process. I dont know why the system is attempting to insert dupes but apparently it is. I turned the unique contraint off and rebuilt the search index and then all the words were inserted "correctly"... with dupes of course, but at least all the words are in there now and the forum search now seems to work.

I think this function is not working correctly: $w2 = array_unique($w2); (in isearch.inc)

Is there a better workaround than what I have done or is there a fix for this?

Thanks.
Re: search not working [message #168191 is a reply to message #168189] Sun, 24 February 2013 13:42 Go to previous message
It appears that the $w2 array is multi-dimensional and array_unique is not intended for multi-dimensional arrays. So I dont really know how to deal with dupes in the word list. It seems to work fine with the dupes there but just needed to make sure the search table in the database allows for duplicate entries in the word column. The standard FUDforum install for MS SQL Server puts a unique restriction on that column.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUD26_USERS
Next Topic: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 16:14:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02841 seconds