FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Use Aliases on groupmgr problem (groupmanager cant find usernames then)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Use Aliases on groupmgr problem [message #168758] Wed, 17 July 2013 06:08 Go to next message
captain picard is currently offline  captain picard   Austria
hi,

i have found a new problem.
in the groupmanager it also finds only alias of users actrivating this.
searching the username brings 'Username not found'.
can u tell me where to fix this?

would not be necessary if we could view a "better" userlist on the groupmanager, where we have more cols than one to identify the users... maybe unsername, alias and real name.

it's correct that alias are shown there in the list of groupmembers after activating "use aliases" but i can not simply add user by their usernames anymore. users can be added with their aliases, but it's complicated to find the users with their alias!

asterisk is just on the right of the value - would be better in my case on the other side as i am creating an alias consisting of "username (Name Gname)" (e.g. usr123 (Python Monty)) automaticly) any suggestions?

thanks,

kind regards
david

[Updated on: Wed, 17 July 2013 08:17]

Report message to a moderator

Aw: Use Aliases on groupmgr problem [message #168787 is a reply to message #168758] Thu, 25 July 2013 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello,

please can you give some advice on finding the code where the groupmanager searches for the alias instead of usernames? the use alias - option prevents me then from adding users to groups for certain reasons but one of them is crucial, is searches not for usernames, it searches for alias here wich is wrong! as the message on the groupmanager says: 'Username not found' - it finds users then also only by alias... but it looks like it sholud not do this.

Thank you!
david

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2013 08:05]

Report message to a moderator

Aw: Use Aliases on groupmgr problem [message #168794 is a reply to message #168787] Fri, 26 July 2013 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the admin group manager it works: giving a username in works there but not on the groupmanager...
Re: Aw: Use Aliases on groupmgr problem [message #168804 is a reply to message #168794] Fri, 26 July 2013 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Check in src/groupmgr.php.t
Remember to recompile your themes if you change this file.
Aw: Re: Aw: Use Aliases on groupmgr problem [message #169252 is a reply to message #168804] Fri, 13 September 2013 13:47 Go to previous message
just replacing "alias" with "login" on line 125 of proupmgr.php.t solved the problem.

thanks a lot!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Inline image issue
Next Topic: Database problem in fud30_ses sessions table
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:56:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02099 seconds