FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » Giving FUDforum a new look  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Giving FUDforum a new look [message #186644 is a reply to message #186643] Tue, 21 October 2014 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   
Oops. Uploaded the thumbnail instead of the full image. Try again!
Giving FUDforum a new look [message #186645 is a reply to message #186644] Tue, 21 October 2014 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
Well, I must say this mock-up looks cool !

Will there be a way to have forum icons next to the "bulbs", too ?
For some reason, I tend to like them.

Will it be possible to see how a thread look like, with user info ? Will it be kept on top of each message or pushed on the side, or perhaps it will be user-choosable ?

What sort of plug-ins will be displayed on the side ? Newly-developped ones, like top posters or 5 last messages or something else ?

A footer to include other info would be most welcome, too

For overall style sake, the boxes on the right should have the same window decoration than the categories.

Keep up the good work

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 11:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Giving FUDforum a new look [message #186649 is a reply to message #186645] Wed, 22 October 2014 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GaryM is currently offline  GaryM   United States
I agree this looks cool!

If/when the new theme goes in will the old themes sill be available?

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Giving FUDforum a new look [message #186660 is a reply to message #186649] Wed, 05 November 2014 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
@TheDude

If the icons are displayable in the old system, they should be displayable in the new one. All the same code pieces will be there. This will just change how they look.
This is the general overall look. Not sure what the threading will look like. I assume it will be user-choosable just like the current one, but with newer/better looks
I will have three plugins off the bat: Recent Posts, Popular Posts, and an HTML one where you can put any HTML in it and have that displayed. Others could be developed later.
It will have the same footers as always.
Re: making the plugins have the same style... I think they look good as is. Since they float, I think it would look weird when the don't line up. But as is there is no issue.
Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Giving FUDforum a new look [message #186661 is a reply to message #186660] Wed, 05 November 2014 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude   France
Awesome ! Can't wait to see it in action on my board... !

Aw: Giving FUDforum a new look [message #186733 is a reply to message #168871] Sat, 24 January 2015 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FranzJoseph is currently offline  FranzJoseph
Hi!
I just set up my first Forum using FUDForum and I like what I can do with it, but I don't like the design, at all. I'm a Marketing / Graphics guy so this is a big issue for me. Is there any update on the new look? Would love to use this software in the long term.

Greets,
Daniel
Re : Aw: Giving FUDforum a new look [message #186737 is a reply to message #186733] Fri, 30 January 2015 09:50 Go to previous message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
Same question. Google adsense aks me to fix the non-responsive theme for mobile devices.

Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Right Sidebar Content
Next Topic: Theme "Myths"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:39:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02866 seconds