FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » dll load problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
dll load problem [message #179350] Fri, 12 October 2012 08:07 Go to next message
Philipp Kraus is currently offline  Philipp Kraus
Messages: 14
Registered: December 2010
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Hello,

I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git
Expected in: /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if I
run it from my PHP script
I get the error above. The script runs under OSX with PHP 5.4.4.

(How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
correct library that should
be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

Thanks

Phil
Re: dll load problem [message #179352 is a reply to message #179350] Fri, 12 October 2012 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 10/12/2012 8:07 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:
>
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
> Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git
> Expected in: /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>
> The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if I run
> it from my PHP script
> I get the error above. The script runs under OSX with PHP 5.4.4.
>
> (How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
> correct library that should
> be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>
> Thanks
>
> Phil
>

This isn't a PHP problem. Ask in an OSX newsgroup.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: dll load problem [message #179353 is a reply to message #179352] Fri, 12 October 2012 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philipp Kraus is currently offline  Philipp Kraus
Messages: 14
Registered: December 2010
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 2012-10-12 14:57:19 +0200, Jerry Stuckle said:

> On 10/12/2012 8:07 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:
>>
>> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
>> Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git
>> Expected in: /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>
>> The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if I run
>> it from my PHP script
>> I get the error above. The script runs under OSX with PHP 5.4.4.
>>
>> (How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
>> correct library that should
>> be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Phil
>>
>
> This isn't a PHP problem. Ask in an OSX newsgroup.

Are you sure?
Because if I run the command that is used by system / shell_exec
on command line it works, but it does not work on the PHP
function.

Phil
Re: dll load problem [message #179355 is a reply to message #179353] Fri, 12 October 2012 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Natural Philosoph is currently offline  The Natural Philosoph
Messages: 993
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Philipp Kraus wrote:
> On 2012-10-12 14:57:19 +0200, Jerry Stuckle said:
>
>> On 10/12/2012 8:07 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:
>>>
>>> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
>>> Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git
>>> Expected in: /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>
>>> The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if I run
>>> it from my PHP script
>>> I get the error above. The script runs under OSX with PHP 5.4.4.
>>>
>>> (How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
>>> correct library that should
>>> be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>
>>
>> This isn't a PHP problem. Ask in an OSX newsgroup.
>
> Are you sure?
> Because if I run the command that is used by system / shell_exec
> on command line it works, but it does not work on the PHP
> function.
>

Oh don't be bothered with stuckle. Any problem he can't impress with,
using his very limited knowledge, is 'not a php problem'.

In Jerrykins little mind, there is what he thinks he knows, which IS PHP
or mysql. And what he doesn't know, which is therefore NOT PHP or Mysql.

By this master stroke of cognitive dissionance and ego primping
internalisation, Jerry then thinks he knows EVERYTHING about PHP and
Mysql and, by his definition, he is entiorely correct, which is why he
does it.

'Being right all the time', is why Jerry is here.

Just ignore him. He will go back under his bridge and sulk after a few
violent expostulations at having been caught out again.



> Phil
>


--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to
lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the
members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are
rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.
Re: dll load problem [message #179356 is a reply to message #179353] Fri, 12 October 2012 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 10/12/2012 9:12 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> On 2012-10-12 14:57:19 +0200, Jerry Stuckle said:
>
>> On 10/12/2012 8:07 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:
>>>
>>> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
>>> Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git
>>> Expected in: /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>
>>> The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if I run
>>> it from my PHP script
>>> I get the error above. The script runs under OSX with PHP 5.4.4.
>>>
>>> (How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
>>> correct library that should
>>> be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>
>>
>> This isn't a PHP problem. Ask in an OSX newsgroup.
>
> Are you sure?
> Because if I run the command that is used by system / shell_exec
> on command line it works, but it does not work on the PHP
> function.
>
> Phil
>

Yes, I'm sure. Library loading is a function of the OS, not PHP.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: dll load problem [message #179357 is a reply to message #179355] Fri, 12 October 2012 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 10/12/2012 9:50 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> Philipp Kraus wrote:
>> On 2012-10-12 14:57:19 +0200, Jerry Stuckle said:
>>
>>> On 10/12/2012 8:07 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:
>>>>
>>>> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
>>>> Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git
>>>> Expected in: /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>>
>>>> The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if I
>>>> run
>>>> it from my PHP script
>>>> I get the error above. The script runs under OSX with PHP 5.4.4.
>>>>
>>>> (How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
>>>> correct library that should
>>>> be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> Phil
>>>>
>>>
>>> This isn't a PHP problem. Ask in an OSX newsgroup.
>>
>> Are you sure?
>> Because if I run the command that is used by system / shell_exec
>> on command line it works, but it does not work on the PHP
>> function.
>>
>
> Oh don't be bothered with stuckle. Any problem he can't impress with,
> using his very limited knowledge, is 'not a php problem'.
>
> In Jerrykins little mind, there is what he thinks he knows, which IS PHP
> or mysql. And what he doesn't know, which is therefore NOT PHP or Mysql.
>
> By this master stroke of cognitive dissionance and ego primping
> internalisation, Jerry then thinks he knows EVERYTHING about PHP and
> Mysql and, by his definition, he is entiorely correct, which is why he
> does it.
>
> 'Being right all the time', is why Jerry is here.
>
> Just ignore him. He will go back under his bridge and sulk after a few
> violent expostulations at having been caught out again.
>
>

Ah, I knew the troll would speak out. Go back to school and learn which
end of the shovel to use. Then maybe you can get your ditch digging job
back.

Because once again you've proven you know nothing about programming, and
you've repeatedly proven you're not the EE you claim to be.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: dll load problem [message #179362 is a reply to message #179356] Fri, 12 October 2012 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philipp Kraus is currently offline  Philipp Kraus
Messages: 14
Registered: December 2010
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 2012-10-12 16:32:51 +0200, Jerry Stuckle said:

> On 10/12/2012 9:12 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>> On 2012-10-12 14:57:19 +0200, Jerry Stuckle said:
>>
>>> On 10/12/2012 8:07 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:
>>>>
>>>> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
>>>> Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git
>>>> Expected in: /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>>
>>>> The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if I run
>>>> it from my PHP script
>>>> I get the error above. The script runs under OSX with PHP 5.4.4.
>>>>
>>>> (How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
>>>> correct library that should
>>>> be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> Phil
>>>>
>>>
>>> This isn't a PHP problem. Ask in an OSX newsgroup.
>>
>> Are you sure?
>> Because if I run the command that is used by system / shell_exec
>> on command line it works, but it does not work on the PHP
>> function.
>>
>> Phil
>>
>
> Yes, I'm sure. Library loading is a function of the OS, not PHP.

In this special case you're right, but which library is loaded is depended on
the environment, so I can change library loading with the environment
configuration.
So this is than a PHP problem. The message points to that the wrong
library is loaded,
because if I run it from command line another library is loaded, on
command line it works.
If I run it from PHP also from the script environment, which is defined
by the php.ini and
the programming part (system, shell_exec, ...), there is an error, so I
think you are wrong
with your statement, that is _only_ OS function. I think there is a
problem with the environment
which is shown like the wrong library is loaded.
So I think it is here in the PHP newsgroup correct, because it is a
problem which library is loaded
within the PHP environment

Phil
Re: dll load problem [message #179365 is a reply to message #179362] Fri, 12 October 2012 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 10/12/2012 11:17 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> On 2012-10-12 16:32:51 +0200, Jerry Stuckle said:
>
>> On 10/12/2012 9:12 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>>> On 2012-10-12 14:57:19 +0200, Jerry Stuckle said:
>>>
>>>> On 10/12/2012 8:07 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>>>> > Hello,
>>>> >
>>>> > I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:
>>>> >
>>>> > dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
>>>> > Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git
>>>> > Expected in: /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>> >
>>>> > The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if
>>>> > I run
>>>> > it from my PHP script
>>>> > I get the error above. The script runs under OSX with PHP 5.4.4.
>>>> >
>>>> > (How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
>>>> > correct library that should
>>>> > be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>> >
>>>> > Thanks
>>>> >
>>>> > Phil
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>> This isn't a PHP problem. Ask in an OSX newsgroup.
>>>
>>> Are you sure?
>>> Because if I run the command that is used by system / shell_exec
>>> on command line it works, but it does not work on the PHP
>>> function.
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>
>>
>> Yes, I'm sure. Library loading is a function of the OS, not PHP.
>
> In this special case you're right, but which library is loaded is
> depended on
> the environment, so I can change library loading with the environment
> configuration.
> So this is than a PHP problem. The message points to that the wrong
> library is loaded,
> because if I run it from command line another library is loaded, on
> command line it works.
> If I run it from PHP also from the script environment, which is defined
> by the php.ini and
> the programming part (system, shell_exec, ...), there is an error, so I
> think you are wrong
> with your statement, that is _only_ OS function. I think there is a
> problem with the environment
> which is shown like the wrong library is loaded.
> So I think it is here in the PHP newsgroup correct, because it is a
> problem which library is loaded
> within the PHP environment
>
> Phil
>

The environment is also a function of the OS, not PHP. And when you
call git via a shell, you are no longer running under PHP.

Yes, there are differences - for instance, the current directory may be
different when starting the program from PHP. And while PHP can set
some environment variables, nothing should affect a library being loaded
by an external program (in fact, I'm not sure it can even do that, but I
don't know OSX that well, either).

But if your system is set up properly the library should be loaded by
the system.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: dll load problem [message #179367 is a reply to message #179350] Fri, 12 October 2012 20:40 Go to previous message
Denis McMahon is currently offline  Denis McMahon
Messages: 634
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:07:49 +0200, Philipp Kraus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I run on a shell execution my local git client and get the error:
>
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
> Referenced from: /usr/local/git/bin/git Expected in:
> /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>
> The git client is linked to the system libraries and works, but if I run
> it from my PHP script I get the error above. The script runs under OSX
> with PHP 5.4.4.
>
> (How) Can I change the search path of dynamic libraries? I think the
> correct library that should be use is under /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

This post contains suggested OS shell commands. I have no idea if they'll
work on your system in the form presented, or if they'll trash your
system completely. Use these commands at your own risk. I might have
accidentally slipped a couple of commands in that will erase your hard
disk, so check all the suggested commands before you run them.

Is it possible you have two versions of the library installed? One that
has the relevant symbols (in /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib) and one that
doesn't (in /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib), and that
the one that the php shell is picking up isn't the same one as when you
run git from the OS yourself?

The quick fix - create a link from where it's looking for the library to
where the library really is:

open a command shell

Check that "/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib" exists:

$ ls /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

Check that "/Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib" doesn't
exist:

$ls /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

if ("/Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/libiconv.2.dylib" exists):

See if it's the same size, date, md5sum[1] as "/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib"

[1] You're expected to know how to do this, if you don't, you shouldn't
have opened the command shell in the first place!

Decide what to do next yourself. You might decide to copy one version of
the library over the other one, or delete one and then follow the "else"
branch below, or do something else - but it's up to you to figure out how
to solve the problem. I'd probably rename "/Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/
libiconv.2.dylib" to something like "/Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/
libiconv.2.dylib.old" and then create the link below.

else:

Create a symlink from the non-existant file to the existing one:

$ ln -s /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib /Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/
libiconv.2.dylib

endif;

Note as these are commands you'd be issuing in the shell, you might need
to su root or something (I'm not that familiar with OSX) to get the
permissions needed.

Rgds

Denis McMahon
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Regular Expression Help
Next Topic: MYSQLI_GROUP_FLAG and MYSQLI_NUM_FLAG are both 32768
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 12:01:51 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00638 seconds