FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » cURL
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
cURL [message #180239] Sat, 02 February 2013 10:11 Go to next message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
I built two servers and installed 10.04 LTS Ubuntu. Worked fine
I upgraded both to 12.04 LTS Ubuntu.

I just discovered that the production server does not have cURL
support (phpinfo does not have it listed) while the development
server does.

how do I install cURL support on the production server ?

bill
Re: cURL [message #180240 is a reply to message #180239] Sat, 02 February 2013 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 2/2/2013 10:11 AM, bill wrote:
> I built two servers and installed 10.04 LTS Ubuntu. Worked fine
> I upgraded both to 12.04 LTS Ubuntu.
>
> I just discovered that the production server does not have cURL
> support (phpinfo does not have it listed) while the development
> server does.
>
> how do I install cURL support on the production server ?
>
> bill


I forgot to mention that the ubuntu package handler (apt-get)
reports that the most recent version of curl is installed.

bill
Re: cURL - resolved [message #180241 is a reply to message #180239] Sat, 02 February 2013 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 2/2/2013 10:11 AM, bill wrote:
> I built two servers and installed 10.04 LTS Ubuntu. Worked fine
> I upgraded both to 12.04 LTS Ubuntu.
>
> I just discovered that the production server does not have cURL
> support (phpinfo does not have it listed) while the development
> server does.
>
> how do I install cURL support on the production server ?
>
> bill

more data
from phpini: in the production server under Additional .ini
files parsed, /etc/php5/apache2/confd/curl.ini is NOT listed.

so - copied curl.ini to the production conf.d directory,
restarted apache and all seems well.
bill
Re: cURL [message #180242 is a reply to message #180239] Sat, 02 February 2013 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 2/2/2013 10:11 AM, bill wrote:
> I built two servers and installed 10.04 LTS Ubuntu. Worked fine
> I upgraded both to 12.04 LTS Ubuntu.
>
> I just discovered that the production server does not have cURL
> support (phpinfo does not have it listed) while the development
> server does.
>
> how do I install cURL support on the production server ?
>
> bill

gee, it seemed so easy.

after moving the ini files to conf.d, I found I did not have the
..so module.

so I copied the curl.so from the development server to the
production server.

no joy. When I invoke php I get the error:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php5/200090626/curl.so' -
'/usr/lib/php5/200090626/curl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 in
Unknown on line 0

?
bill
Re: cURL [message #180243 is a reply to message #180242] Sat, 02 February 2013 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 2/2/2013 11:16 AM, bill wrote:
> On 2/2/2013 10:11 AM, bill wrote:
>> I built two servers and installed 10.04 LTS Ubuntu. Worked fine
>> I upgraded both to 12.04 LTS Ubuntu.
>>
>> I just discovered that the production server does not have cURL
>> support (phpinfo does not have it listed) while the development
>> server does.
>>
>> how do I install cURL support on the production server ?
>>
>> bill
>
> gee, it seemed so easy.
>
> after moving the ini files to conf.d, I found I did not have the
> .so module.
>
> so I copied the curl.so from the development server to the
> production server.
>
> no joy. When I invoke php I get the error:
> PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php5/200090626/curl.so' -
> '/usr/lib/php5/200090626/curl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 in
> Unknown on line 0
>
> ?
> bill

Yeah, the production server is 65bit, development 32 bit. - I think
]bill
Re: cURL [message #180244 is a reply to message #180243] Sat, 02 February 2013 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J.O. Aho is currently offline  J.O. Aho
Messages: 194
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
bill wrote:
> On 2/2/2013 11:16 AM, bill wrote:
>> On 2/2/2013 10:11 AM, bill wrote:
>>> I built two servers and installed 10.04 LTS Ubuntu. Worked fine
>>> I upgraded both to 12.04 LTS Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> I just discovered that the production server does not have cURL
>>> support (phpinfo does not have it listed) while the development
>>> server does.
>>>
>>> how do I install cURL support on the production server ?

ssh to the server and run:
sudo apt-get install php5-curl


>> so I copied the curl.so from the development server to the
>> production server.
>>
>> no joy. When I invoke php I get the error:
>> PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
>> '/usr/lib/php5/200090626/curl.so' -
>> '/usr/lib/php5/200090626/curl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 in
>> Unknown on line 0

> Yeah, the production server is 65bit, development 32 bit. - I think
> ]bill




I recommend you upgrade the development environment to be a copy of the live
environment, to the package, if you install some package on one, then you
should install it on the other, otherwise you never know what will work in
production. A 32bit setup isn't the same as a 64bit and avoid of mixing 32bit
and 64bit binaries (as you tried to do).

--

//Aho
Re: cURL [message #180245 is a reply to message #180244] Sat, 02 February 2013 12:21 Go to previous message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 2/2/2013 11:43 AM, J.O. Aho wrote:
> bill wrote:
>> On 2/2/2013 11:16 AM, bill wrote:
>>> On 2/2/2013 10:11 AM, bill wrote:
>>>> I built two servers and installed 10.04 LTS Ubuntu. Worked fine
>>>> I upgraded both to 12.04 LTS Ubuntu.
>>>>
>>>> I just discovered that the production server does not have cURL
>>>> support (phpinfo does not have it listed) while the development
>>>> server does.
>>>>
>>>> how do I install cURL support on the production server ?
>
> ssh to the server and run:
> sudo apt-get install php5-curl

worked like a charm
>
> I recommend you upgrade the development environment to be a copy
> of the live environment, to the package, if you install some
> package on one, then you should install it on the other,
> otherwise you never know what will work in production. A 32bit
> setup isn't the same as a 64bit and avoid of mixing 32bit and
> 64bit binaries (as you tried to do).
>

Heck, I thought they were identical.

Many thanks,

--bill
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Formatting a number
Next Topic: How to get data for website pages..
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 16:43:30 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00696 seconds