FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » Best Framework for big multilanguage site
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181020] Sat, 06 April 2013 12:42 Go to next message
Giacomo M is currently offline  Giacomo M
Messages: 15
Registered: February 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Hi,
Which framework you advise me to develop a big multilanguage site?

I was thinking about:

- symphony
- yii
- code igniter

What you suggest me (any other framework is appreciated)?

Thank you

--
Giacomo
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181021 is a reply to message #181020] Sat, 06 April 2013 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J.O. Aho is currently offline  J.O. Aho
Messages: 194
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 06/04/13 18:42, Giacomo M wrote:
> Hi,
> Which framework you advise me to develop a big multilanguage site?
>
> I was thinking about:
>
> - symphony
> - yii
> - code igniter
>
> What you suggest me (any other framework is appreciated)?

I would suggest symphony2, better on scaling over multiple web servers
(a web cluster).

--

//Aho
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181023 is a reply to message #181020] Sat, 06 April 2013 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 4/6/2013 12:42 PM, Giacomo M wrote:
> Hi,
> Which framework you advise me to develop a big multilanguage site?
>
> I was thinking about:
>
> - symphony
> - yii
> - code igniter
>
> What you suggest me (any other framework is appreciated)?
>
> Thank you
>

Again, without more information, any response is just a guess.

You really need to determine detailed needs and conditions under which
the server will be run. Then select the appropriate framework for your
needs.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181028 is a reply to message #181023] Sat, 06 April 2013 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giacomo M is currently offline  Giacomo M
Messages: 15
Registered: February 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Il 06/04/2013 20:29, Jerry Stuckle ha scritto:
> On 4/6/2013 12:42 PM, Giacomo M wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Which framework you advise me to develop a big multilanguage site?
>>
>> I was thinking about:
>>
>> - symphony
>> - yii
>> - code igniter
>>
>> What you suggest me (any other framework is appreciated)?
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>
> Again, without more information, any response is just a guess.

I don't know what info I need to say.

--
Giacomo
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181029 is a reply to message #181028] Sat, 06 April 2013 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas 'PointedEars'  is currently offline  Thomas 'PointedEars'
Messages: 701
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Giacomo M wrote:

> Il 06/04/2013 20:29, Jerry Stuckle ha scritto:
>> On 4/6/2013 12:42 PM, Giacomo M wrote:
>>> Which framework you advise me to develop a big multilanguage site?
>>>
>>> I was thinking about:
>>>
>>> - symphony
>>> - yii
>>> - code igniter
>>>
>>> What you suggest me (any other framework is appreciated)?
>>
>> Again, without more information, any response is just a guess.
>
> I don't know what info I need to say.

You could start by defining “big multilanguage site”.

And if you really do not know your requirements better than that, you
probably have not thought about this enough.

<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>


PointedEars
--
Danny Goodman's books are out of date and teach practices that are
positively harmful for cross-browser scripting.
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$8300dec7(at)news(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk> (2004)
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181030 is a reply to message #181028] Sat, 06 April 2013 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 4/6/2013 7:34 PM, Giacomo M wrote:
> Il 06/04/2013 20:29, Jerry Stuckle ha scritto:
>> On 4/6/2013 12:42 PM, Giacomo M wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Which framework you advise me to develop a big multilanguage site?
>>>
>>> I was thinking about:
>>>
>>> - symphony
>>> - yii
>>> - code igniter
>>>
>>> What you suggest me (any other framework is appreciated)?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>
>> Again, without more information, any response is just a guess.
>
> I don't know what info I need to say.
>

Like Thomas said - if you don't know more than that, you haven't defined
your requirements sufficiently.

A "big multilanguage site" is like telling an architect you want
"a house". You need to define MUCH better requirements.

And if you don't know how to do that, I suggest you hire a consultant.
Usenet newsgroups are not a practical way to do that (or get free
consulting).

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181051 is a reply to message #181030] Sun, 07 April 2013 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giacomo M is currently offline  Giacomo M
Messages: 15
Registered: February 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Il 07/04/2013 02:12, Jerry Stuckle ha scritto:
> Like Thomas said - if you don't know more than that, you haven't defined
> your requirements sufficiently.
>
> A "big multilanguage site" is like telling an architect you want
> "a house". You need to define MUCH better requirements.
>
> And if you don't know how to do that, I suggest you hire a consultant.
> Usenet newsgroups are not a practical way to do that (or get free
> consulting).

I really don't know what you need to know.

The website will be on Windows server, will have something like 1000
access per day, and will cover 3 or 4 languages.
It will have 500 users than will have the possibility to write own
announcements.

--
Giacomo
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181055 is a reply to message #181051] Sun, 07 April 2013 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter H. Coffin is currently offline  Peter H. Coffin
Messages: 245
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 17:14:04 +0200, Giacomo M wrote:
> Il 07/04/2013 02:12, Jerry Stuckle ha scritto:
>> Like Thomas said - if you don't know more than that, you haven't defined
>> your requirements sufficiently.
>>
>> A "big multilanguage site" is like telling an architect you want
>> "a house". You need to define MUCH better requirements.
>>
>> And if you don't know how to do that, I suggest you hire a consultant.
>> Usenet newsgroups are not a practical way to do that (or get free
>> consulting).
>
> I really don't know what you need to know.
>
> The website will be on Windows server, will have something like 1000
> access per day, and will cover 3 or 4 languages.
> It will have 500 users than will have the possibility to write own
> announcements.

Err... that sounds like a *small* site, to me, that ANY framework should
be able to handle. It's language themselves are necessarily beyond the
scope of anything, so long as you're willing to write content in UTF-8
so the engines don't need to care what it is.

--
"The bullets are just his way of saying 'Keep it down, I've got a
hangover.'"
Kiki to Dr. Schlock, as seen in
http://pics.sluggy.com/comics/000108a.gif
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181056 is a reply to message #181055] Sun, 07 April 2013 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giacomo M is currently offline  Giacomo M
Messages: 15
Registered: February 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Il 07/04/2013 17:39, Peter H. Coffin ha scritto:
> Err... that sounds like a *small* site, to me, that ANY framework should
> be able to handle. It's language themselves are necessarily beyond the
> scope of anything, so long as you're willing to write content in UTF-8
> so the engines don't need to care what it is.

It will grow up a lot.

--
Giacomo
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181061 is a reply to message #181051] Sun, 07 April 2013 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis McMahon is currently offline  Denis McMahon
Messages: 634
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 17:14:04 +0200, Giacomo M wrote:

> Il 07/04/2013 02:12, Jerry Stuckle ha scritto:
>> Like Thomas said - if you don't know more than that, you haven't
>> defined your requirements sufficiently.
>>
>> A "big multilanguage site" is like telling an architect you want "a
>> house". You need to define MUCH better requirements.
>>
>> And if you don't know how to do that, I suggest you hire a consultant.
>> Usenet newsgroups are not a practical way to do that (or get free
>> consulting).
>
> I really don't know what you need to know.
>
> The website will be on Windows server, will have something like 1000
> access per day, and will cover 3 or 4 languages.
> It will have 500 users than will have the possibility to write own
> announcements.

That's not big in terms of users and accesses, < 1 page access per
minute, 2 page accesses per day per user.

How much data storage do you need for announcements. How often will
announcements change?

--
Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon(at)gmail(dot)com
Re: Best Framework for big multilanguage site [message #181073 is a reply to message #181061] Tue, 09 April 2013 05:08 Go to previous message
Giacomo M is currently offline  Giacomo M
Messages: 15
Registered: February 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Il 08/04/2013 02:00, Denis McMahon ha scritto:
> That's not big in terms of users and accesses, < 1 page access per
> minute, 2 page accesses per day per user.

The website it supposes will grow up a lot.

> How much data storage do you need for announcements. How often will
> announcements change?

Not that much. I guess 10-20 announcements per day.

--
Giacomo
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: PHP with MS SQL SERVER: is it suitable?
Next Topic: Social Network PHP Framework for huge community
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Dec 17 16:43:28 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00839 seconds