FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress?
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181176] Fri, 19 April 2013 18:58 Go to next message
jasondamisch is currently offline  jasondamisch
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress?

Let's say I want to take the shortest path between A and B? I don't want to use WP Online Store because it is a fork of osCommerce, and I am afraid that I may not be able to use some of the osCommerce plugins and mods. Also I don't want to be reliant on the maintainers of WP Online Store.

Let's assume that I will have two separate databases, and two separate logins. I basically *ONLY* want to display the WP theme and navigation while also displaying osCommerce. This will all be on one WP page. The osC pages will display inside of this one WP page. Not just because I am lazy, but also because I want to avoid problems by avoiding complexity, do I wish to keep the two systems discrete and do just barely enough to get the WP theme to display on top of the osC.

Jason
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181180 is a reply to message #181176] Fri, 19 April 2013 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 4/19/2013 6:58 PM, jasondamisch(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress?
>
> Let's say I want to take the shortest path between A and B? I don't want to use WP Online Store because it is a fork of osCommerce, and I am afraid that I may not be able to use some of the osCommerce plugins and mods. Also I don't want to be reliant on the maintainers of WP Online Store.
>
> Let's assume that I will have two separate databases, and two separate logins. I basically *ONLY* want to display the WP theme and navigation while also displaying osCommerce. This will all be on one WP page. The osC pages will display inside of this one WP page. Not just because I am lazy, but also because I want to avoid problems by avoiding complexity, do I wish to keep the two systems discrete and do just barely enough to get the WP theme to display on top of the osC.
>
> Jason
>

Did you try asking Wordpress and/or osCommerce? People who wrote the
packages would know best.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181182 is a reply to message #181180] Fri, 19 April 2013 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jasondamisch is currently offline  jasondamisch
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Friday, April 19, 2013 4:50:44 PM UTC-7, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 4/19/2013 6:58 PM, Jason Damisch wrote:
>
>> How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress?
>
>>
>
>> Let's say I want to take the shortest path between A and B? I don't want to use WP Online Store because it is a fork of osCommerce, and I am afraid that I may not be able to use some of the osCommerce plugins and mods. Also I don't want to be reliant on the maintainers of WP Online Store.
>
>>
>
>> Let's assume that I will have two separate databases, and two separate logins. I basically *ONLY* want to display the WP theme and navigation while also displaying osCommerce. This will all be on one WP page. The osC pages will display inside of this one WP page. Not just because I am lazy, but also because I want to avoid problems by avoiding complexity, do I wish to keep the two systems discrete and do just barely enough to get the WP theme to display on top of the osC.
>
>>
>
>> Jason
>
>>
>
>
>
> Did you try asking Wordpress and/or osCommerce? People who wrote the
>
> packages would know best.
>
>
>
> --
>
> ==================
>
> Remove the "x" from my email address
>
> Jerry Stuckle
>
> JDS Computer Training Corp.
>
> jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
>
> ==================

No, but I'm going to do that as well. Just another fire for the iron.

Jason
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181185 is a reply to message #181176] Fri, 19 April 2013 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis McMahon is currently offline  Denis McMahon
Messages: 634
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:58:59 -0700, jasondamisch wrote:

> How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress?

http://tinyurl.com/ctnztlb

--
Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon(at)gmail(dot)com
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181186 is a reply to message #181176] Fri, 19 April 2013 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Becker is currently offline  Christoph Becker
Messages: 91
Registered: June 2012
Karma: 0
Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
jasondamisch wrote:
> How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress?
>
> Let's say I want to take the shortest path between A and B? I don't
> want to use WP Online Store because it is a fork of osCommerce, and I
> am afraid that I may not be able to use some of the osCommerce
> plugins and mods. Also I don't want to be reliant on the maintainers
> of WP Online Store.
>
> Let's assume that I will have two separate databases, and two
> separate logins. I basically *ONLY* want to display the WP theme and
> navigation while also displaying osCommerce. This will all be on one
> WP page. The osC pages will display inside of this one WP page. Not
> just because I am lazy, but also because I want to avoid problems by
> avoiding complexity, do I wish to keep the two systems discrete and
> do just barely enough to get the WP theme to display on top of the
> osC.

Most likely you can use osCommerce inside an IFrame which is embedded on
the WordPress page.

--
Christoph M. Becker
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181188 is a reply to message #181182] Fri, 19 April 2013 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 4/19/2013 8:08 PM, jasondamisch(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> On Friday, April 19, 2013 4:50:44 PM UTC-7, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 4/19/2013 6:58 PM, Jason Damisch wrote:
>>
>>> How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress?
>>
>>>
>>
>>> Let's say I want to take the shortest path between A and B? I don't want to use WP Online Store because it is a fork of osCommerce, and I am afraid that I may not be able to use some of the osCommerce plugins and mods. Also I don't want to be reliant on the maintainers of WP Online Store.
>>
>>>
>>
>>> Let's assume that I will have two separate databases, and two separate logins. I basically *ONLY* want to display the WP theme and navigation while also displaying osCommerce. This will all be on one WP page. The osC pages will display inside of this one WP page. Not just because I am lazy, but also because I want to avoid problems by avoiding complexity, do I wish to keep the two systems discrete and do just barely enough to get the WP theme to display on top of the osC.
>>
>>>
>>
>>> Jason
>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Did you try asking Wordpress and/or osCommerce? People who wrote the
>>
>> packages would know best.
>>
>>
>>
>
> No, but I'm going to do that as well. Just another fire for the iron.
>
> Jason
>

You are much better asking in the correct place the first time, rather
than a bunch of places where it is not necessarily applicable.

Just because both are written in PHP does not mean this is an
appropriate place to ask. This is a programming newsgroup, and few
people (if anyone) here have ever tried this.

When asking about a product, your best place to start is almost always
the support group for that newsgroup.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181190 is a reply to message #181188] Fri, 19 April 2013 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jasondamisch is currently offline  jasondamisch
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Friday, April 19, 2013 6:01:45 PM UTC-7, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 4/19/2013 8:08 PM, Jason Damisch wrote:

> You are much better asking in the correct place the first time, rather
> than a bunch of places where it is not necessarily applicable.

I'm in the process of writing that message now. But I suspect that the osCommerce people will try to shuffle me to the WordPress people and the WordPress people will try to shuffle me to the osCommerce people.

I will post the results if successful here. I don't feel too guilty as this message board doesn't seem to have heavy traffic anyway.

Jason
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181192 is a reply to message #181190] Fri, 19 April 2013 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 4/19/2013 9:32 PM, jasondamisch(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> On Friday, April 19, 2013 6:01:45 PM UTC-7, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 4/19/2013 8:08 PM, Jason Damisch wrote:
>
>> You are much better asking in the correct place the first time, rather
>> than a bunch of places where it is not necessarily applicable.
>
> I'm in the process of writing that message now. But I suspect that the osCommerce people will try to shuffle me to the WordPress people and the WordPress people will try to shuffle me to the osCommerce people.
>
> I will post the results if successful here. I don't feel too guilty as this message board doesn't seem to have heavy traffic anyway.
>
> Jason
>

Whether you feel guilty or not is immaterial. The fact is there are
much better places to ask.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181204 is a reply to message #181190] Sat, 20 April 2013 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas 'PointedEars'  is currently offline  Thomas 'PointedEars'
Messages: 701
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
jasondamisch(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:

> On Friday, April 19, 2013 6:01:45 PM UTC-7, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> You are much better asking in the correct place the first time, rather
>> than a bunch of places where it is not necessarily applicable.
>
> I'm in the process of writing that message now. But I suspect that the
> osCommerce people will try to shuffle me to the WordPress people and the
> WordPress people will try to shuffle me to the osCommerce people.
>
> I will post the results if successful here. I don't feel too guilty as
> this message board doesn't seem to have heavy traffic anyway.

This is _not_ a message board. This is not even the Web, as Google's two-
way Usenet archive might have caused you to think.

And, for a change, I second Jerry Stuckle's advice here:

<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>


PointedEars
--
Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on
a Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web,
when you had very little chance of reading a document written on another
computer, another word processor, or another network. -- Tim Berners-Lee
Re: How could I go about integrating osCommerce and WordPress? [message #181209 is a reply to message #181204] Sat, 20 April 2013 10:37 Go to previous message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 4/20/2013 8:42 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> And, for a change, I second Jerry Stuckle's advice here:
>
> <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

I may faint !

bill
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Re: Microsoft accuses Google of pushing services to Android
Next Topic: googleapi problem
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Dec 16 10:05:50 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00792 seconds