FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » Best Online Shop
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Best Online Shop [message #181772] Sat, 01 June 2013 06:34 Go to next message
ioanna921 is currently offline  ioanna921
Messages: 1
Registered: June 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Nowdays all of us are shopping from the internet. It is quick, it's easy and it's restful. I have seen almost every online shop and for me the best online shopping is at the webside [url=" http://www.elizabethavenuewest.com/"] by far. All of us want to find the best online shopping and for me this is it! try it...
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181775 is a reply to message #181772] Sat, 01 June 2013 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 6/1/2013 6:34 AM, ioanna921 wrote:
> Nowdays all of us are shopping from the internet. It is quick,
> it's easy and it's restful. I have seen almost every online
> shop and for me the best online shopping is at the webside
> [url=" http://www.iamaspammer.com/"] by far. All of us want to
> find the best online shopping and for me this is it! try it...
>

If your shop were so good you wouldn't have to spam Usenet.

SPAM reported to abuse(at)otenet(dot)gr (your ISP) and complaints(at)cari(dot)net
(your web hosting company).

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181778 is a reply to message #181775] Sat, 01 June 2013 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luuk is currently offline  Luuk
Messages: 329
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 01-06-2013 15:02, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 6/1/2013 6:34 AM, ioanna921 wrote:
> If your shop were so good you wouldn't have to spam Usenet.
>
> SPAM reported to abuse(at)otenet(dot)gr (your ISP) and complaints(at)cari(dot)net
> (your web hosting company).
>


Why report here that you did send a SPAM report?
I did not see the original message because of my filters,
But now my view is 'polluted' with this thread.......

And because it's polluted already, i'm complaining..... ;)
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181779 is a reply to message #181778] Sat, 01 June 2013 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 6/1/2013 9:22 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 01-06-2013 15:02, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 6/1/2013 6:34 AM, ioanna921 wrote:
>> If your shop were so good you wouldn't have to spam Usenet.
>>
>> SPAM reported to abuse(at)otenet(dot)gr (your ISP) and complaints(at)cari(dot)net
>> (your web hosting company).
>>
>
>
> Why report here that you did send a SPAM report?
> I did not see the original message because of my filters,
> But now my view is 'polluted' with this thread.......
>
> And because it's polluted already, i'm complaining..... ;)

Because then other spammers know SPAM is being reported.

Or are you one who believes ignoring something makes it better?

No one is requiring you to read any posts here - mine or otherwise.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181782 is a reply to message #181778] Sat, 01 June 2013 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 6/1/2013 9:22 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 01-06-2013 15:02, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 6/1/2013 6:34 AM, ioanna921 wrote:
>> If your shop were so good you wouldn't have to spam Usenet.
>>
>> SPAM reported to abuse(at)otenet(dot)gr (your ISP) and complaints(at)cari(dot)net
>> (your web hosting company).
>>
>
>
> Why report here that you did send a SPAM report?
> I did not see the original message because of my filters,
> But now my view is 'polluted' with this thread.......
>
> And because it's polluted already, i'm complaining..... ;)

Because it makes newbie spam fighters easily report it themselves. I
checked; the report addresses are correct.

It's not polluting; it's informative on Jerry's part.

twayne`
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181783 is a reply to message #181779] Sat, 01 June 2013 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luuk is currently offline  Luuk
Messages: 329
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 01-06-2013 16:13, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 6/1/2013 9:22 AM, Luuk wrote:
>> On 01-06-2013 15:02, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>> On 6/1/2013 6:34 AM, ioanna921 wrote:
>>> If your shop were so good you wouldn't have to spam Usenet.
>>>
>>> SPAM reported to abuse(at)otenet(dot)gr (your ISP) and complaints(at)cari(dot)net
>>> (your web hosting company).
>>>
>>
>>
>> Why report here that you did send a SPAM report?
>> I did not see the original message because of my filters,
>> But now my view is 'polluted' with this thread.......
>>
>> And because it's polluted already, i'm complaining..... ;)
>
> Because then other spammers know SPAM is being reported.

spammers KNOW they are being reported.

>
> Or are you one who believes ignoring something makes it better?

what i believe is up to me ;)

>
> No one is requiring you to read any posts here - mine or otherwise.
>

I'm not reading your post because you posted.

I was reading an OT post, which was a follow-up to some SPAM thing, the
SPAM-thing was filtered and did not bother /me .....

Maybe your post stops others from reporting this spam,

And with only 1 complaint the ISP of the OP will problably do nothing?
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181784 is a reply to message #181783] Sat, 01 June 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 6/1/2013 10:25 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 01-06-2013 16:13, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 6/1/2013 9:22 AM, Luuk wrote:
>>> On 01-06-2013 15:02, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>>> On 6/1/2013 6:34 AM, ioanna921 wrote:
>>>> If your shop were so good you wouldn't have to spam Usenet.
>>>>
>>>> SPAM reported to abuse(at)otenet(dot)gr (your ISP) and complaints(at)cari(dot)net
>>>> (your web hosting company).
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Why report here that you did send a SPAM report?
>>> I did not see the original message because of my filters,
>>> But now my view is 'polluted' with this thread.......
>>>
>>> And because it's polluted already, i'm complaining..... ;)
>>
>> Because then other spammers know SPAM is being reported.
>
> spammers KNOW they are being reported.
>

And you know this from experience, I suppose?

No, spammers hope they WON'T be reported.

>>
>> Or are you one who believes ignoring something makes it better?
>
> what i believe is up to me ;)
>

Then you should keep your comments to yourself, also.

>>
>> No one is requiring you to read any posts here - mine or otherwise.
>>
>
> I'm not reading your post because you posted.
>

No one is requiring you to read any posts here - mine or otherwise.

> I was reading an OT post, which was a follow-up to some SPAM thing, the
> SPAM-thing was filtered and did not bother /me .....
>

No one is requiring you to read any posts here - mine or otherwise.

> Maybe your post stops others from reporting this spam,
>
> And with only 1 complaint the ISP of the OP will problably do nothing?
>

You'd be surprised. And it's not one complaint - it's ONE MORE
COMPLAINT. And yes, I've seen websites deleted by the hosting company
because of spam reports.

If everyone ignored spam like you do, there would be a lot more of it.



--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181786 is a reply to message #181784] Sat, 01 June 2013 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan Platt is currently offline  Evan Platt
Messages: 124
Registered: November 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 10:50:14 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
<jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net> wrote:

> And you know this from experience, I suppose?
>
> No, spammers hope they WON'T be reported.

Are you serious?

Most ISP's don't care if they host spammers, as long as the spammers
pay the bills. Who pays the spammers ISP and hosting - you or the
spammer? Who do you think they listen to?

> Because then other spammers know SPAM is being reported.

Serious? You really think a spammer reads the messages here before
they post, and go "Oh. Jerry reports spammers if I post in this group.
Maybe I better not post here?"

If that were the case, we would see zero spam.

And reporting spam is useless in most cases. I've reported a repeat
spammer who spams dozens of groups. Reported him for months until I
finally gave up.

Course I'm willing to wait a week and see if this spammers webpage is
still alive and active. I'd bet it is.
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address.
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181788 is a reply to message #181786] Sat, 01 June 2013 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 6/1/2013 1:27 PM, Evan Platt wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 10:50:14 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
> <jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net> wrote:
>
>> And you know this from experience, I suppose?
>>
>> No, spammers hope they WON'T be reported.
>
> Are you serious?
>
> Most ISP's don't care if they host spammers, as long as the spammers
> pay the bills. Who pays the spammers ISP and hosting - you or the
> spammer? Who do you think they listen to?
>

No, responsible ISPs do care - because otherwise their IP addresses get
blacklisted.

And do you think they care more about 1 spammer on a server - or the
other 149 non-spammers who also got blacklisted?

>> Because then other spammers know SPAM is being reported.
>
> Serious? You really think a spammer reads the messages here before
> they post, and go "Oh. Jerry reports spammers if I post in this group.
> Maybe I better not post here?"
>

You would be surprised how many do. Not all, I agree, but some do.

And can you say no spammer has read this group before posting? I don't
think so.

> If that were the case, we would see zero spam.
>

And why would that be? How many spammers have you seen reported here in
the last week, for instance?

> And reporting spam is useless in most cases. I've reported a repeat
> spammer who spams dozens of groups. Reported him for months until I
> finally gave up.
>

I've reported lots of spam - and gotten notes from many ISPs saying the
spammers account has been cancelled.

I even remember one guy on alt.www.webmasters who spammed the group -
then came back crying because his hosting company deleted his account
and files - and he didn't have a backup.

> Course I'm willing to wait a week and see if this spammers webpage is
> still alive and active. I'd bet it is.
>

Maybe, maybe not, maybe another hosting company. But if no one reports
it, it definitely will still be active.

But ignoring spam NEVER makes it better - and generally makes it worse.



--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: Best Online Shop [message #181789 is a reply to message #181788] Sat, 01 June 2013 18:48 Go to previous message
bill is currently offline  bill
Messages: 310
Registered: October 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 6/1/2013 3:00 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 6/1/2013 1:27 PM, Evan Platt wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 10:50:14 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
>> <jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net> wrote:
>>
>>> And you know this from experience, I suppose?

Does ound like a spammer response, doesn't it? A newbie, but still ...

>> Most ISP's don't care if they host spammers, as long as the spammers
>> pay the bills. Who pays the spammers ISP and hosting - you or the
>> spammer? Who do you think they listen to?
>>
>
> No, responsible ISPs do care - because otherwise their IP addresses get
> blacklisted.

Yes, the vast majority care a LOT for the reasons mentioned and more.

>
> And do you think they care more about 1 spammer on a server - or the
> other 149 non-spammers who also got blacklisted?

It's not only the number of spams sent: More importantly it how many
people report the spam to ISPs and up.

>

....


>
>> And reporting spam is useless in most cases. I've reported a repeat
>> spammer who spams dozens of groups. Reported him for months until I
>> finally gave up.

I have to wonder what kind of spam fighter you are. If it comes time
after time and you're still seeing it, that says you have a lot to learn
yet. You can easily collect it to report without having it cluttering up
the Inbox. SOME spammers make enough money just selling your address to
live comfortably; it's not necessary to let that happen. If you want,
there are plenty of good, safe, reliable sites for you to learn about
fighting spam. Hit them in the pocket book and it's a success whether he
comes back with a new location or not. It's not always possible, but any
new spammers can often be stopped dead in their tracks.

>>
>
> I've reported lots of spam - and gotten notes from many ISPs saying the
> spammers account has been cancelled.

Same here, and many are happy to know they have a spammer in their midst
and are happy to dispose of his accounts, making him go elsewhere.

>
> I even remember one guy on alt.www.webmasters who spammed the group -
> then came back crying because his hosting company deleted his account
> and files - and he didn't have a backup.
>
>> Course I'm willing to wait a week and see if this spammers webpage is
>> still alive and active. I'd bet it is.
>>
>
> Maybe, maybe not, maybe another hosting company. But if no one reports
> it, it definitely will still be active.

And it'll become more and more prevalent, malicious and ornery as they
grow in strength.

>
> But ignoring spam NEVER makes it better - and generally makes it worse.

True, but for the uninitiated, it's still "JHD" (Just Hit Delete), don't
read it, never click on
any links in it and never respond in any way that the spammer will
figure out what you're doing. If the spammer can find a way to know you
read his spam, the value of your e-mail address on the spam lists
increases considerably and they can get more bang for their buck, so to
speak.

If you want to know more about fighting spam, check out spamcop.NET and
spamhaus.org; both are excellent and informative places to start.

Twayne`

BTW, I won't be responding to further messages unless they're legit
discussions. I don't support flame wars either.



>
>
>
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: can one make a php function or macro with arguments to generate HTML code?
Next Topic: php contact form with AES encrypt and sessions for a multipage contact form - Driving me mad what ma i doing wrong
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Dec 17 01:25:34 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00838 seconds