FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » strange parameters...
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
strange parameters... [message #184702] Sat, 18 January 2014 06:12 Go to next message
tessa is currently offline  tessa
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2014
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
from some days on my site at pager urls are added somo strange parameters...

i.e. i click on a link to te page www.mysite.com/index.php?cPath=25

and I go to the page and in my browser bar i find the address

www.mysite.com/index.php?cPath=25#.UtphNqHSKk0

can anyone help me? thanks!
Re: strange parameters... [message #184703 is a reply to message #184702] Sat, 18 January 2014 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tessa is currently offline  tessa
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2014
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Il 18/01/2014 12:12, tessa ha scritto:
> from some days on my site at pager urls are added somo strange
> parameters...
>
> i.e. i click on a link to te page www.mysite.com/index.php?cPath=25
>
> and I go to the page and in my browser bar i find the address
>
> www.mysite.com/index.php?cPath=25#.UtphNqHSKk0
>
> can anyone help me? thanks!


....mmm.... i found that "UtphN" is the content of $_SERVER['UNIQUE_ID']
.... can anyone help me? thanks!
Re: strange parameters... [message #184706 is a reply to message #184703] Sat, 18 January 2014 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 1/18/2014 6:41 AM, tessa wrote:
> Il 18/01/2014 12:12, tessa ha scritto:
>> from some days on my site at pager urls are added somo strange
>> parameters...
>>
>> i.e. i click on a link to te page www.mysite.com/index.php?cPath=25
>>
>> and I go to the page and in my browser bar i find the address
>>
>> www.mysite.com/index.php?cPath=25#.UtphNqHSKk0
>>
>> can anyone help me? thanks!
>
>
> ...mmm.... i found that "UtphN" is the content of $_SERVER['UNIQUE_ID']
> ... can anyone help me? thanks!

The value comes from the Apache module mod_unique_id.

The only way PHP could be setting a value in your browser bar is with a
call to header('Location:...'). Not knowing your code, its impossible
to tell more.

P.S. Unless you are the owner of the valid domain "mysite.com", you
should not be using it in your message. If you want an example, you
should use example.com, example.org, etc., which are reserved for such
purposes.


--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: strange parameters... [message #184707 is a reply to message #184706] Sat, 18 January 2014 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tessa is currently offline  tessa
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2014
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
> The only way PHP could be setting a value in your browser bar is with a
> call to header('Location:...'). Not knowing your code, its impossible
> to tell more.

mmm... so with a redirect?

>
> P.S. Unless you are the owner of the valid domain "mysite.com", you
> should not be using it in your message. If you want an example, you
> should use example.com, example.org, etc., which are reserved for such
> purposes.

sorry!! I did'nt know!

my site is here

http://en.tomsa __ ilor.it/leather-goods-c-75.html
Re: strange parameters... [message #184709 is a reply to message #184707] Sat, 18 January 2014 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 1/18/2014 9:21 AM, tessa wrote:
>> The only way PHP could be setting a value in your browser bar is with a
>> call to header('Location:...'). Not knowing your code, its impossible
>> to tell more.
>
> mmm... so with a redirect?
>
>>
>> P.S. Unless you are the owner of the valid domain "mysite.com", you
>> should not be using it in your message. If you want an example, you
>> should use example.com, example.org, etc., which are reserved for such
>> purposes.
>
> sorry!! I did'nt know!
>
> my site is here
>
> http://en.tomsa __ ilor.it/leather-goods-c-75.html
>

I looked at your site and didn't see any redirects, so it's not PHP
doing it.

I suspect it's one of the (many) javascript packages you have on your
page. But that's off-topic in this newsgroup, so I didn't dig into it
any further.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: strange parameters... [message #184710 is a reply to message #184709] Sat, 18 January 2014 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tessa is currently offline  tessa
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2014
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Il 18/01/2014 16:38, Jerry Stuckle ha scritto:
> On 1/18/2014 9:21 AM, tessa wrote:
>>> The only way PHP could be setting a value in your browser bar is with a
>>> call to header('Location:...'). Not knowing your code, its impossible
>>> to tell more.
>>
>> mmm... so with a redirect?
>>
>>>
>>> P.S. Unless you are the owner of the valid domain "mysite.com", you
>>> should not be using it in your message. If you want an example, you
>>> should use example.com, example.org, etc., which are reserved for such
>>> purposes.
>>
>> sorry!! I did'nt know!
>>
>> my site is here
>>
>> http://en.tomsa __ ilor.it/leather-goods-c-75.html
>>
>
> I looked at your site and didn't see any redirects, so it's not PHP
> doing it.
>
> I suspect it's one of the (many) javascript packages you have on your
> page. But that's off-topic in this newsgroup, so I didn't dig into it
> any further.
>

ohhh!!! thanks!!! it may be AddThis!! but do you think it is dangerous
for seo?
Re: strange parameters... [message #184711 is a reply to message #184710] Sat, 18 January 2014 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 1/18/2014 10:43 AM, tessa wrote:
> Il 18/01/2014 16:38, Jerry Stuckle ha scritto:
>> On 1/18/2014 9:21 AM, tessa wrote:
>>>> The only way PHP could be setting a value in your browser bar is with a
>>>> call to header('Location:...'). Not knowing your code, its impossible
>>>> to tell more.
>>>
>>> mmm... so with a redirect?
>>>
>>>>
>>>> P.S. Unless you are the owner of the valid domain "mysite.com", you
>>>> should not be using it in your message. If you want an example, you
>>>> should use example.com, example.org, etc., which are reserved for such
>>>> purposes.
>>>
>>> sorry!! I did'nt know!
>>>
>>> my site is here
>>>
>>> http://en.tomsa __ ilor.it/leather-goods-c-75.html
>>>
>>
>> I looked at your site and didn't see any redirects, so it's not PHP
>> doing it.
>>
>> I suspect it's one of the (many) javascript packages you have on your
>> page. But that's off-topic in this newsgroup, so I didn't dig into it
>> any further.
>>
>
> ohhh!!! thanks!!! it may be AddThis!! but do you think it is dangerous
> for seo?

I would suggest asking in an SEO-related newsgroup.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: strange parameters... [message #184712 is a reply to message #184711] Sat, 18 January 2014 11:16 Go to previous message
tessa is currently offline  tessa
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2014
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
>>>
>>> I suspect it's one of the (many) javascript packages you have on your
>>> page. But that's off-topic in this newsgroup, so I didn't dig into it
>>> any further.
>>>
>>
>> ohhh!!! thanks!!! it may be AddThis!! but do you think it is dangerous
>> for seo?
>
> I would suggest asking in an SEO-related newsgroup.
>

oh... right!! thanks very much!
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: xml parsing issue
Next Topic: A modest proposal
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Dec 12 17:02:31 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00722 seconds