FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » Re: sqlite2 vs sqlite3
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: sqlite2 vs sqlite3 [message #185358] Thu, 20 March 2014 03:42 Go to next message
shraddha.khandke is currently offline  shraddha.khandke
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2014
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:23:46 AM UTC+5:30, john6630 wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2:57 pm, "JC" <jcarl...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>> "john6630" <john6...@hotmail.com> wrote...
>>
>> : I only find php.ini and php5.ini and I changed both of them. I also
>> : downloaded php_pdo_sqlite.dll and replaced the one in my /ext/
>> : directory.
>> :
>> : What I have found is that if I change my code from
>> :
>> : /*** connect to SQLite database ***/
>> : $dbh = new PDO("sqlite2:./johns.db");
>> :
>> : It does connect via PDO but again using sqlite2. So I am at a loss.
>> : Seems like something wrong in my PHP or DLL. But I do not know about
>> : rebuilding such things.
>> :
>> : Any other suggestions?
>>
>> Try
>> $dbh = new PDO("sqlite3:./johns.db");
>>
>> I believe sqlite: defaults to version 2. The other thing I'll mention
>> is that php5.ini are the suggested settings for PHP version 5. Sounds
>> like you might have a version of XAMPP installed which I think installs
>> two versions of PHP as well as Apache, Perl, MySQL, SQLite, et al.
>>
>> Apache Version 2 (not sure if a specific subversion is required) supports
>> a PHPIniDir directive, see
>>
>> http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php
>>
>> for documentation. They show PHPIniDir getting configured inside the
>> httpd.conf file as follows, you will need to change the folder to
>> point to the appropriate folder in which your php.ini file resides:
>>
>> PHPIniDir "C:/php"
>>
>> NOTE, it does NOT provide a way to change the name of PHP.INI, so
>> I can not help in regards as how to configure Apache to use BOTH the
>> PHP4 and PHP5. My understanding has always been that ONE and ONLY ONE
>> version of PHP gets installed, but then again I've never tried to run
>> two different versions at the same time. I just do not see a way to
>> configure the:
>>
>> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>>
>> without recompiling and changing that Type string.
>>
>> The php_pdo_sqlite.dll is the file representing version 3 methods for
>> accessing, creating and updating SQLite version 3 data files. And then
>> php_sqlite.dll represents the file for accessing SQLite Version 2 of
>> the data files. I started a webpage last year, but never finished it,
>> detailing how to create and access the different files.
>>
>> http://www.microcosmotalk.com/tech/windows/php/sqlite/
>>
>> The details are accurate but incomplete. If it's helpful, let me know,
>> if something needs to get updated or is confusing, please let me know
>> and I will update it.
>>
>> I'll watch this thread for any and all replies as I need to complete
>> the information there.
>>
>> Can you offer some more information about your Apache/PHP install?
>>
>> --
>> Jim Carlock
>> You Have More Than Five Senseshttp://www.associatedcontent.com/article/381163/more_than_five_senses ...
>
> I found the answer!!! From the XAMP website FAQ
> http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
>
>
> * Question 6: Where can I change the configuration?
> You adjust XAMPP settings with plain-text configuration files. The
> following files exist:
>
> * Apache basic configuration: .\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf
> * Apache SSL: .\xampp\apache\conf\ssl.conf
> * Apache Perl (only addon): .\xampp\apache\conf\perl.conf
> * Apache Tomcat (only addon): .\xampp\apache\conf\java.conf
> * Apache Python (only addon): .\xampp\apache\conf\python.conf
> * PHP: .\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini
> (with the apache actually running php version)
> * MySQL: .\xampp\mysql\bin\my.cnf
> * phpMyAdmin: .\xampp\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php
> * FileZilla FTP: .\xampp\FileZillaFTP\FileZilla Server.xml
> * Mercury Mail basic configuration: .\xampp\MercuryMail
> \MERCURY.INI
> * Sendmail: .\xampp\sendmail\sendmail.ini
>
> I suddenly realized I was changing the php.ini file in the EXT
> directory not the ./xampp/apache/bin/ directory!! Changed it by
> uncommenting the php_pdo_sqlite extension and it worked great. So as
> purcaholic said, I was changing the wrong php.ini file! I should have
> went to the XAMPP site to begin with...live and learn. Thanks for
> everyone's help.
>
> John

I am using map guide server for gis application in which php is installed and trying to use pdo but having the same problem and it's not working. Also I have checked the apache httpd.config it gives same path.Any help will be apreciated
Re: sqlite2 vs sqlite3 [message #185360 is a reply to message #185358] Thu, 20 March 2014 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shraddha.khandke is currently offline  shraddha.khandke
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2014
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:12:19 PM UTC+5:30, shraddha...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:23:46 AM UTC+5:30, john6630 wrote:
>
>> On Aug 29, 2:57 pm, "JC" <jcarl...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>> "john6630" <john6...@hotmail.com> wrote...
>
>>>
>
>>> : I only find php.ini and php5.ini and I changed both of them. I also
>
>>> : downloaded php_pdo_sqlite.dll and replaced the one in my /ext/
>
>>> : directory.
>
>>> :
>
>>> : What I have found is that if I change my code from
>
>>> :
>
>>> : /*** connect to SQLite database ***/
>
>>> : $dbh = new PDO("sqlite2:./johns.db");
>
>>> :
>
>>> : It does connect via PDO but again using sqlite2. So I am at a loss.
>
>>> : Seems like something wrong in my PHP or DLL. But I do not know about
>
>>> : rebuilding such things.
>
>>> :
>
>>> : Any other suggestions?
>
>>>
>
>>> Try
>
>>> $dbh = new PDO("sqlite3:./johns.db");
>
>>>
>
>>> I believe sqlite: defaults to version 2. The other thing I'll mention
>
>>> is that php5.ini are the suggested settings for PHP version 5. Sounds
>
>>> like you might have a version of XAMPP installed which I think installs
>
>>> two versions of PHP as well as Apache, Perl, MySQL, SQLite, et al.
>
>>>
>
>>> Apache Version 2 (not sure if a specific subversion is required) supports
>
>>> a PHPIniDir directive, see
>
>>>
>
>>> http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php
>
>>>
>
>>> for documentation. They show PHPIniDir getting configured inside the
>
>>> httpd.conf file as follows, you will need to change the folder to
>
>>> point to the appropriate folder in which your php.ini file resides:
>
>>>
>
>>> PHPIniDir "C:/php"
>
>>>
>
>>> NOTE, it does NOT provide a way to change the name of PHP.INI, so
>
>>> I can not help in regards as how to configure Apache to use BOTH the
>
>>> PHP4 and PHP5. My understanding has always been that ONE and ONLY ONE
>
>>> version of PHP gets installed, but then again I've never tried to run
>
>>> two different versions at the same time. I just do not see a way to
>
>>> configure the:
>
>>>
>
>>> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
>>>
>
>>> without recompiling and changing that Type string.
>
>>>
>
>>> The php_pdo_sqlite.dll is the file representing version 3 methods for
>
>>> accessing, creating and updating SQLite version 3 data files. And then
>
>>> php_sqlite.dll represents the file for accessing SQLite Version 2 of
>
>>> the data files. I started a webpage last year, but never finished it,
>
>>> detailing how to create and access the different files.
>
>>>
>
>>> http://www.microcosmotalk.com/tech/windows/php/sqlite/
>
>>>
>
>>> The details are accurate but incomplete. If it's helpful, let me know,
>
>>> if something needs to get updated or is confusing, please let me know
>
>>> and I will update it.
>
>>>
>
>>> I'll watch this thread for any and all replies as I need to complete
>
>>> the information there.
>
>>>
>
>>> Can you offer some more information about your Apache/PHP install?
>
>>>
>
>>> --
>
>>> Jim Carlock
>
>>> You Have More Than Five Senseshttp://www.associatedcontent.com/article/381163/more_than_five_senses ...
>
>>
>
>> I found the answer!!! From the XAMP website FAQ
>
>> http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
>
>>
>
>>
>
>> * Question 6: Where can I change the configuration?
>
>> You adjust XAMPP settings with plain-text configuration files. The
>
>> following files exist:
>
>>
>
>> * Apache basic configuration: .\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf
>
>> * Apache SSL: .\xampp\apache\conf\ssl.conf
>
>> * Apache Perl (only addon): .\xampp\apache\conf\perl.conf
>
>> * Apache Tomcat (only addon): .\xampp\apache\conf\java.conf
>
>> * Apache Python (only addon): .\xampp\apache\conf\python.conf
>
>> * PHP: .\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini
>
>> (with the apache actually running php version)
>
>> * MySQL: .\xampp\mysql\bin\my.cnf
>
>> * phpMyAdmin: .\xampp\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php
>
>> * FileZilla FTP: .\xampp\FileZillaFTP\FileZilla Server.xml
>
>> * Mercury Mail basic configuration: .\xampp\MercuryMail
>
>> \MERCURY.INI
>
>> * Sendmail: .\xampp\sendmail\sendmail.ini
>
>>
>
>> I suddenly realized I was changing the php.ini file in the EXT
>
>> directory not the ./xampp/apache/bin/ directory!! Changed it by
>
>> uncommenting the php_pdo_sqlite extension and it worked great. So as
>
>> purcaholic said, I was changing the wrong php.ini file! I should have
>
>> went to the XAMPP site to begin with...live and learn. Thanks for
>
>> everyone's help.
>
>>
>
>> John
>
>
>
> I am using mapguide server for gis application in which php is installed and trying to use pdo but having the same problem and it's not working and having eception 'Driver not found'. Also I have checked the apache httpd.config it gives same path.Any help will be apreciated.
Re: sqlite2 vs sqlite3 [message #185369 is a reply to message #185358] Thu, 20 March 2014 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 3/20/2014 3:42 AM, shraddha(dot)khandke(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:

>
> I am using map guide server for gis application in which php is installed and trying to use pdo but having the same problem and it's not working. Also I have checked the apache httpd.config it gives same path.Any help will be apreciated
>

The same problem as someone 5 1/2 years ago? If so, did you fix your
php.ini file like the OP did?

Otherwise I suggest you start a new thread, describing exactly what
you're doing, the expected results and what you're actually getting.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Re: sqlite2 vs sqlite3 [message #185382 is a reply to message #185369] Fri, 21 March 2014 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shraddha.khandke is currently offline  shraddha.khandke
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2014
Karma: 0
Junior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 6:19:43 PM UTC+5:30, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 3/20/2014 3:42 AM, shraddha(dot)khandke(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
>
>
>
>>
>
>> I am using map guide server for gis application in which php is installed and trying to use pdo but having the same problem and it's not working. Also I have checked the apache httpd.config it gives same path.Any help will be apreciated
>
>>
>
>
>
> The same problem as someone 5 1/2 years ago? If so, did you fix your
>
> php.ini file like the OP did?
>
>
>
> Otherwise I suggest you start a new thread, describing exactly what
>
> you're doing, the expected results and what you're actually getting.
>
>
>
> --
>
> ==================
>
> Remove the "x" from my email address
>
> Jerry Stuckle
>
> jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
>
> ==================

Thanks for your reply. I am using mapguide server where in bundle configuration apache and php gets install. php has old version. I don't know how to update it.
Is their any way to convert sqlite3 to sqlite2
Re: sqlite2 vs sqlite3 [message #185383 is a reply to message #185382] Fri, 21 March 2014 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Vilain is currently offline  Michael Vilain
Messages: 88
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
In article <5038bc9a-c266-4afb-b3be-a4e553819844(at)googlegroups(dot)com>,
shraddha(dot)khandke(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:

> On Thursday, March 20, 2014 6:19:43 PM UTC+5:30, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 3/20/2014 3:42 AM, shraddha(dot)khandke(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>
>>> I am using map guide server for gis application in which php is installed
>>> and trying to use pdo but having the same problem and it's not working.
>>> Also I have checked the apache httpd.config it gives same path.Any help
>>> will be apreciated
>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> The same problem as someone 5 1/2 years ago? If so, did you fix your
>>
>> php.ini file like the OP did?
>>
>>
>>
>> Otherwise I suggest you start a new thread, describing exactly what
>>
>> you're doing, the expected results and what you're actually getting.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> ==================
>>
>> Remove the "x" from my email address
>>
>> Jerry Stuckle
>>
>> jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
>>
>> ==================
>
> Thanks for your reply. I am using mapguide server where in bundle
> configuration apache and php gets install. php has old version. I don't know
> how to update it.
> Is their any way to convert sqlite3 to sqlite2

If you can upgrade packages on your machine, then Google is your guide
to becoming a budding sysadmin. If you don't have root access, contact
your ISP and ask about upgrading your service. If they won't do it, find
another ISP.

--
DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee...
[I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically ignored]
Re: sqlite2 vs sqlite3 [message #185384 is a reply to message #185382] Fri, 21 March 2014 09:25 Go to previous message
Jerry Stuckle is currently offline  Jerry Stuckle
Messages: 2598
Registered: September 2010
Karma: 0
Senior Member
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On 3/21/2014 8:01 AM, shraddha(dot)khandke(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> On Thursday, March 20, 2014 6:19:43 PM UTC+5:30, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> On 3/20/2014 3:42 AM, shraddha(dot)khandke(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>
>>> I am using map guide server for gis application in which php is installed and trying to use pdo but having the same problem and it's not working. Also I have checked the apache httpd.config it gives same path.Any help will be apreciated
>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> The same problem as someone 5 1/2 years ago? If so, did you fix your
>>
>> php.ini file like the OP did?
>>
>>
>>
>> Otherwise I suggest you start a new thread, describing exactly what
>>
>> you're doing, the expected results and what you're actually getting.
>>
>>
>
> Thanks for your reply. I am using mapguide server where in bundle configuration apache and php gets install. php has old version. I don't know how to update it.
> Is their any way to convert sqlite3 to sqlite2
>

I agree with Michael. If your PHP is that old, you need to update it.
PHP 4.x hasn't been supported for a several years now, and there are no
fixes (even security fixes) being issued. And the longer you use an old
version of PHP, the more problems you will have with software which
doesn't run under it.

Michael has good advice; you'll be much better off in the long run if
you follow it.


--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstucklex(at)attglobal(dot)net
==================
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Job offer is hereby withdrawn - it's done!
Next Topic: totally WEIRD bug? Firefox caching?
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 17:31:10 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00692 seconds