FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Listserv Use/Setup
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Listserv Use/Setup [message #186121] Sun, 15 June 2014 18:47 Go to next message
Beery is currently offline  Beery   United States
I just installed FudForum 3.0.5.

I have created three lists and told edited each rule to Synchronize Forum Posts to Mailing List.

On my web hosting side in their control panel (they use DirectAdmin), I created the three "mailing lists" for each of the three lists.

I then go into the forum and "subscribe" to each group. The forum says I am subscribed, and I write a post. That post never makes it to the "mailing list" and distributed. In fact, if I go into the DirectAdmin control panel, it says there are no subscribers. The information I have is the mailing list is Majordomo.

My initial thought is that by subscribing to the Forum category, it would have subscribed me to the mailing list. That isn't the case.

Is there something else I need to configure, etc.?

Thanks.

Beery

Re: Listserv Use/Setup [message #186137 is a reply to message #186121] Mon, 16 June 2014 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
Mailing lists and forum subscriptions are completely different. Forum subscriptions is just a notification that there is a new message in a forum Mailing list functionality is completely different.
Re: Listserv Use/Setup [message #186138 is a reply to message #186137] Mon, 16 June 2014 03:10 Go to previous message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
Here is the doc on how to setup the mailing list functionality http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Mailing_List_Manager
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: mailing list setup partially working...
Next Topic: Procmail
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:10:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02589 seconds