FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Where are the user profile fields stored? (Need to edit visibility of a field, but Control Panel is empty)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Where are the user profile fields stored? [message #186383] Thu, 10 July 2014 22:39 Go to next message
pyroxid is currently offline  pyroxid
Hi,

we asked for the users' full name when they registered, and had the visibility of the field turned on. Now users have complained that Google caches those realnames and makes them susceptible to searches. For increased privacy, I was trying to set the visibility of the "Full Name" field to false, but in the Admin Control Panel, under "Users & Groups" -> Profile Fields, there are no defined fields to edit. This might have to do with our installation, which still has the occasional hiccup compared to a clean reinstall. Where do I have to go to edit the visibility of the field - which file is the value stored in (I can edit the .php, I did not find where it is saved)?

Thanks a lot,
Hendrik
Re: Where are the user profile fields stored? [message #186475 is a reply to message #186383] Tue, 19 August 2014 18:03 Go to previous message
eclipsewebmaster is currently offline  eclipsewebmaster   
FUDForum uses a template mechanism... I suggest you create a theme for your site (based on the default) find the .tmpl files that you wish to edit, copy them to your theme, then edit them. Use the "Rebuild all themes" function when you're done.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Export only users and postings?
Next Topic: last post - first show
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:01:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16765 seconds