FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Responsive FUD_CI (Quick and dirty look at FUD_CI on small screen devices)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Responsive FUD_CI [message #186847] Tue, 17 March 2015 05:30 Go to next message
NeXuS is currently offline  NeXuS
Contributing Core Developer
So, here is my first, quick an dirty attempt at addressing people's concern regarding FUDf usability on small screen devices.

I know that responsive design should be done mobile-first, but this is just a first attempt.

Sorry for the horrible audio quality and for my terribly sore throat. I have subtitled the video, in case you don't want the listen to the annoying hiss.

P.S. I decided to make new posts every time something significant happens and use this thread as a status tracker.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2015 06:12]

Report message to a moderator

Aw: Responsive FUD_CI [message #186861 is a reply to message #186847] Sat, 21 March 2015 19:42 Go to previous message
alopezie is currently offline  alopezie   Germany
As a PC user I never focussed too much on the mobile devices. Its a bit funny - on one hand most modern smartphones now have large screens and a high resolution, and especially tablets do not have any problem with Fudforum. On the other side Google is now stressing this, so we have to find a way.

So I think we donĀ“t need a "perfect" thing, but something more flexible than the current tables, which indeed result in some strange layouts when being squezed in smaller formats.

The basic problem for a perfect solution is the high amount of options and links Fudforum is offering, as everything needs its space, and the content becomes less visible.
I like the way you deleted some columns !
To get a nice result for smaller mobiles we have to be pretty radical eliminating a lot of stuff to concentrate on the real core functions of the board.

Alopezie.de - das Forum zum Thema Haarausfall

[Updated on: Sat, 21 March 2015 19:45]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: >> and how many pages it moves
Next Topic: Seems the Affero service is no longer available.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:44:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02012 seconds