FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » install.php won't run
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
install.php won't run [message #186982] Thu, 15 October 2015 02:24 Go to next message
smcgee is currently offline  smcgee   United States
I downloaded version 3.0.6 unzipped it - no errors. I then manually created a new folder, c:\FUDForum, and copied install.php and fudforum_archive to c:\FUDForum.

I then opened up a web browser (both Firefox and IE) and browsed to c:\FUDForum\install.php. However, instead of the script being run, I got the output that's shown in the attached file.

Does anyone know why I'm getting this? How do I get the installation script to run?

Thanks,
Scott

index.php?t=getfile&id=6584&private=0
Re : install.php won't run [message #186984 is a reply to message #186982] Thu, 15 October 2015 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
Hi, did you transfer your files in binary mode as required ?

Re: Re : install.php won't run [message #186985 is a reply to message #186984] Thu, 15 October 2015 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I don't know what you mean by "transfer your files in binary mode".

Here's exactly what I did:
1) Went to http://cvs.prohost.org/ and clicked the link to download version 3.0.6 (see screenshot below)
index.php?t=getfile&id=6585&private=0

2) The file downloaded to my computer and I unzipped it into a folder.

3) The README file said to copy install.php and fudforum_archive to a folder where you want to install the forum. I created a folder, c:\FUDForum, and copied the two files to that folder.

4) In a web browser, I then tried to run the installation by going to c:\FUDForum\install.php. That did not work.

So in summary, I just simply clicked the link to download the ZIP file for version 3.0.6. Then I unzipped it and used the Windows File Manager to copy install.php and fudforum_archive to c:\FUDForum.

I have no idea what is meant by transferring the files in binary mode. Can you explain this more fully?
  • Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 34.42KB, Downloaded 1914 times)
Re: Re : install.php won't run [message #186986 is a reply to message #186985] Fri, 16 October 2015 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"upload the archive to your server in ascii and not binary mode" --> that's what one of the errors above says.
Where do you want to install FUDforum ? On your computer or on a outside server ?

Re: Re : install.php won't run [message #186987 is a reply to message #186986] Fri, 16 October 2015 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well yes, of course I'm trying to install it on a computer. Where else would I install it?

Can you shed any light on the "ASCII and not binary mode" issue? Do you have any detailed information that can help me understand this? Your short responses aren't providing any help.
Re : Re: Re : install.php won't run [message #186988 is a reply to message #186987] Fri, 16 October 2015 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, your answer seems to be implying a bit of scorn which I return to you : if you don't know what to do with a piece of software like a forum, which needs a database software like mysql, which you must install on your computer before anything else, then I won't waste anymore of my time answering your requests
RTFM, dude, but I think you have no clue about that either...

Re: Re : Re: Re : install.php won't run [message #186989 is a reply to message #186988] Fri, 16 October 2015 22:21 Go to previous message
Dude... you didn't provide any help anyway. Goodbye.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 October 2015 02:28]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Search Issues
Next Topic: Integrating FudForum with MS SqlExpress
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:16:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02662 seconds