FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again (Error install.php)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187225] Thu, 12 January 2017 21:04 Go to next message
Pitmaster is currently offline  Pitmaster   Netherlands
Hi there, I can't believe I making a misstake but you never know.
I am getting a error when processing install.php
"Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again" is the error in the part "Database Settings" (step 2 of 5).
I made a database in phpmyadmin and an user grant him all he can get.
I using
ms server 2016
apache
php 5.6
mysql 5.7
try to install Fudforum 3.xxx

Hope someone want to help, thx in advance Pit
Re: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187229 is a reply to message #187225] Sat, 28 January 2017 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Try to create an index manually. If the forum cannot, I'm sure you won't be able to either.

Solution is at https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/grant.html

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2017 08:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187270 is a reply to message #187229] Sun, 16 April 2017 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orionsune is currently offline  orionsune
Hi, i'm having the same problem on step 2, claiming the user doesn't have permissions to create indexes.

I have also tried granting global privileges to everything as a temporary test, and that fails too.

Here are the results of my CLI test using the user I specify in step 2 from the same server as the fudforum application installation.

I have tested creating a table, and an index from the CLI using the same user as I specified in Step 2.

mysql> create table test (testcol int);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> create index idx_test on test (testcol);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

I would post a link to my screenshot from phpmyadmin showing the privileges set on the fudforum user but i'm a new user and cannot submit links until I post 2 more messages.

I admit I know very little about manually manipulating databases and am not sure my CLI test succeeded or not since it says 0 rows were affected however the query didn't error or report a permissions issue.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue, please? Much appreciated... I apologize for my ignorance.
Aw: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187273 is a reply to message #187225] Thu, 27 April 2017 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avi30   Germany
Hi,

same problem here. I (and my provider) assume the problem is MySQL 5.7. MySQL 5.6 works.

Please forum admin check this. Thank you Smile

Bernd
Re: Aw: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187274 is a reply to message #187273] Sat, 29 April 2017 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orionsune is currently offline  orionsune
Thanks Avi30,

I'd prefer to use the latest version of MySQL too but I can install another instance of 5.6 just for the proof of concept. However if we decide to take this into production we'll need it to work with MySQL 5.7.

Please forum admins, bumping this issue...

Here is a screenshot from phpmyadmin for the user privileges
http://i.imgur.com/ZRNiQNb.png

[Updated on: Sat, 29 April 2017 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Aw: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187317 is a reply to message #187274] Fri, 28 July 2017 19:20 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed @ https://sourceforge.net/p/fudforum/code/6051/
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: unable to create folder
Next Topic: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 17:09:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02509 seconds