FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal (Converting the FOrum in PHP-Nuke to FUD)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon14.gif  Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal [message #187332] Mon, 21 August 2017 06:23 Go to next message
FUDGhost is currently offline  FUDGhost   Canada

Would You Like To Help[ 3 votes ]

Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal. If this was at all possible I do believe that FUD would rule the world, everyone I have talked to likes FUD forum better but did not want to lose their user point system and the ability to add modules and news to their website.

I have a modified version of PHP-Nuke running which allows me to run the forum area in fullscreen mode without the left and right blocks.

example: this is my PHP-Nuke with phpBB Forum theghost[dot]86it[dot]us <- I would like to incorporate FUD into PHP-Nuke... maybe replace phpBB as it sux

phpBB forum on the PHP-Nuke portal runs from with a folder called modules. Same relationship as FUD, it has private messaging etc. It's just that in my opinion phpBB really is lacking. There are no other forums that have the bells and whistles that FUD forum has.

I also would love the ability to have a modular portal with FUD and if someone would write a conversion script that would allow people to use FUD with their existing PHP-Nuke portal this would rule.

I say leave the old phpBB forum intact in the conversion but add the cross over so that the user list for PHP-Nuke uses FUD or vice versa.

Maybe a script to crosslink user registration, so that folks only have to register once in PHP-NUke and will be able access FUD & phpBB both with the same user account.

Can I get some feedback on this maybe someone would be willing to work with me as far as creating a conversion script that will actually modify PHP-Nuke to interact with the FUD database.

I do not think a bridge is a good idea. Just a FUD module... same as the way phpBB Forum was made into a module...

Have a look at my sight already.. I have been writing PHP-Nuke Titanium for 13 years and think it might be pretty easy to do if I could just get some people to help a little.

I made this post over 10 years ago as FUDchild and not a single answer was given.

PEACE
Ernest "TheGhost" Buffington
Re: Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal [message #187334 is a reply to message #187332] Tue, 22 August 2017 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't know PHP-Nuke at all, but I know FUDforum fairly well.
If you can code the PHP-Nuke bits, I can maybe help with the FUDforum code.
Re: Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal [message #187357 is a reply to message #187334] Sun, 10 September 2017 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Awesome~!
Re: Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal [message #188058 is a reply to message #187334] Tue, 16 March 2021 13:04 Go to previous message

I left for a while but I am back working on my code. I changed my software name to PHP-Nuke Titanium. I am porting it to the newest version of PHP. It is running under PHP 7.0 just have to add a few more things back and then I am going to write the FUD module for it.

a module has its own headers and footers and is already logged in when you access the module. I just need to modify FUD to use the PHP-Nuke Titanium header and footer in the new FUD Forum module.

Modules are connected to the database by default, all I have to do is put FUD inside of a module leaving the original ability to login to FUD intact.

All this is doing is plugging a new forum into an already created modular website.

Users will have the option to use Phpbb as their main forum or FUD.

I played with the idea of using FUD for my network forums. I am making a network that connects users via custom web portals. One central user database and separate databases for their personal websites/portals. So when they log in they are logged into the network and they use the same credentials to log in to any website on The 86it Developers Network. I would like to make it so when they login to one website they are already logged into all the other websites on the network. All the sites are on https://86it.us. User personal portals are set up with their chosen prefixes. One server many websites/portals. I am giving ppl more power and control. Why would u use Facebook if someone had the same connectivity through all web portals? I did this already and it works... shared files and messages between web portals and it was cool... just need to write code so that it saves avatar in the database instead of on the sites. Also, need better code to link to the offsite avatar.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Creating a PHP 7/8 FUDforum
Next Topic: PHP 7/8
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:17:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 3.23446 seconds