FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Defunct messengers are still referenced in the UCP
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Defunct messengers are still referenced in the UCP [message #187777] Tue, 24 September 2019 10:28 Go to next message
Fear, Uncertainty ? Doubt is currently offline  Fear, Uncertainty ? Doubt   Germany
In FUDforum's UCP, I can optionally set my user names on various messengers, including (but not limited to) AIM which was shut down in December 2017, Yahoo! IM which was shut down in July 2018, and MSN Messenger which was shut down in April 2013 (!). I'd like to suggest to remove or replace them. Possible candidates for newly introduced messengers would be Riot/Matrix and Facebook, I guess.

I have checked the "trunk" code to make sure that my bug report is still valid: It is.
Re: Defunct messengers are still referenced in the UCP [message #187778 is a reply to message #187777] Tue, 24 September 2019 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fear, Uncertainty ? Doubt is currently offline  Fear, Uncertainty ? Doubt   Germany
A patch for this would probably - necessarily - involve a database schema update. I suggest that someone looks into it who has a deeper knowledge of FUDforum than me.
Re: Defunct messengers are still referenced in the UCP [message #187779 is a reply to message #187778] Tue, 24 September 2019 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
It should be relatively easy to rename some of them.
We should definitely add Facebook, but I've never heard of Riot/Matrix before.
Re: Defunct messengers are still referenced in the UCP [message #187780 is a reply to message #187779] Tue, 24 September 2019 17:19 Go to previous message
It's an alternative to Jabber, using a similar technology. I guess it lacks market share yet.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: $INCLUDE and FUD API
Next Topic: The display name does not support & characters
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 04 20:46:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03779 seconds