FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » How to change "color" to "colour" in the font options?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to change "color" to "colour" in the font options? [message #187811] Tue, 12 November 2019 19:02 Go to next message
EuroSong is currently offline  EuroSong   United Kingdom
I'm talking about when you post a message or a reply, you have options to change the font, size and colour. They appear above this message I'm typing right now. The HTML looks like:

<select name="fnt_color" onchange="insertTag(document.post_form.msg_body, '[color='+document.post_form.fnt_color.options[this.selectedIndex].value+']', '[/color]'); document.post_form.fnt_color.options[0].selected=true">
	<option value="">Color</option>
	<option value="skyblue" style="color:skyblue">Sky Blue</option>
	<option value="royalblue" style="color:royalblue">Royal Blue</option>

... etc

However I am English, not American, and I want my spelling to show "Colour" with a u (in the first visible entry in the option list - obviously not in the css style names). I have searched through a bunch of the PHP and other source files, but I'm unable to find the template for this option list.

Can someone please tell me where I should be looking in order to edit this source? Thanks.
Re: How to change "color" to "colour" in the font options? [message #187812 is a reply to message #187811] Thu, 14 November 2019 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EuroSong is currently offline  EuroSong   United Kingdom
No worries. I found it now. It wasn't in the PHP or other source files: it was actually in "Message Editor" in the administration console. I didn't know this was editable as a user variable! Although the term "message" was misleading for this.

I now have another question: in the user profile editor, the date of birth is the wrong way round. It currently invites input in the order "month, day, year". It should either be "day, month, year" or "year, month, day".

Does anyone know any way to edit this?
Re: How to change "color" to "colour" in the font options? [message #187829 is a reply to message #187812] Wed, 27 November 2019 06:15 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
You can swap the order in register.tmpl or apply patch https://sourceforge.net/p/fudforum/code/6341/
Remember to rebuild your themes when done.

PS: Please post your message change, so we can add it as an "uk-en" language option.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Myths-Classic: Click and Go
Next Topic: Full Width Header Banner image?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:22:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02790 seconds