FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Forum Backup - 504 Gateway Timeout issue
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Backup - 504 Gateway Timeout issue [message #187848] Sun, 29 March 2020 00:23 Go to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
Hi, hopefully there's a fix for this. I recently upgraded to v3.1 and also moved host as my previous host had problems but I'm unable to make a forum backup as with my new host I get "504 Gateway Timeout" about 60 seconds after clicking to take the backup. Unclicking skip search index and/or Use GZip compression doesn't help.

I've taken this up with my new host but they state that the gateway timeout is 60secs for all hosting and I'm unable to have mine increased and they went on to suggest I pay for a virtual server where I'd have full control but that's OTT cost wise for my forum which has a ~400MB mysql database and voluntary contributions towards the upkeep.

When I used to run the backup, I'd get stepped progress updates every few seconds as to how its proceeding but now it just sits at the inital TAKE BACKUP screen until the 60sec are up then I get the gateway timeout.

If there's any fix/mod that I could make to admdump.php to perhaps prevent the timeout perhaps sending some sort of keep alive every 30 seconds or some other fix as I suspect the delay maybe the time taken to backup/copy the mysql database?

One example of settings tried (I've tried all combos)
https://i.imgur.com/lZ5fPKo.png

The gateway error message
https://i.imgur.com/rDYtEKR.png

I do actually get some of the .gz file created but its incomplete...I've tried restoring on my PC (with XAMPP installed) and that tells me the file is corrupt/incomplete
https://i.imgur.com/TFra7Ra.png

[Updated on: Sun, 29 March 2020 00:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forum Backup - 504 Gateway Timeout issue [message #187849 is a reply to message #187848] Sun, 29 March 2020 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
Think I've solved it...my Fudforum/sql/ folder was missing fud30_settings.tbl as discussed in this thread.

I've had this issue for a few weeks (since the host move) and it might just have been luck/coincidence that datadump page gave me results within 60 seconds as in my mind even though I didn't time it, the page didn't give me any output till approx 45-55 seconds since clicking the TAKE BACKUP (possibly hosting wasn't too busy) so it might be if I try again at a busier time it'll timeout but at least I have one up to date backup.

Still it would be handy if the admdump.php could give results sooner for those of us on hosting with 60 second timeouts.

https://i.imgur.com/4FQTWes.png

Re: Forum Backup - 504 Gateway Timeout issue [message #187903 is a reply to message #187849] Sat, 13 June 2020 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
A webserver like Apache, will show results on screen as the script runs.
This is, as far as I understand, not possible with the Nging webserver, which will only show results after completion.
Irritating indeed, and I would be very interested if there is a solution to this problem, but I haven't been able to find one yet.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 June 2020 08:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forum Backup - 504 Gateway Timeout issue [message #187951 is a reply to message #187903] Tue, 08 September 2020 06:32 Go to previous message
Askmeoffersmadhu is currently offline  Askmeoffersmadhu
I am Facing the same issue..

Thanks,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: add a new tmpl
Next Topic: automatically close old topic
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 08 07:08:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02424 seconds