FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Limit to Forum Size? (How gigantic can a forum grow?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Limit to Forum Size? [message #187971] Tue, 10 November 2020 17:52 Go to next message
duffer60 is currently offline  duffer60   United States
Is there a hard limit to the number of topics and/or messages that can be created in any one forum or category? Say, the size of a 16 bit integer or a 32 bit signed integer?

I'm interested in using FUDForum as a emailing list archive. It's an old list and if I transfer over the old archive, it will amount to over 300,000 messages!

Will 300,000 messages all fit in one forum, or will I have to split it into several forums?

Thanks for the help and for a smooth, polished, easy to use piece of software. So far, other than a minor problem with logging in - easily solved by clearing cookies - my test installation has been working great.

The Old Duffer
Re: Limit to Forum Size? [message #187972 is a reply to message #187971] Tue, 10 November 2020 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
300,000 messages will not be a problem.
For example, look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/, with twice as many posts, and the largest forum close to the number you want to post.
Re: Limit to Forum Size? [message #187973 is a reply to message #187972] Wed, 11 November 2020 00:29 Go to previous message
duffer60 is currently offline  duffer60   United States
Thank you for the prompt response, and for the link. The search speed on the OraFAQ forum is just astounding. Very impressive. It looks like FUDForum will serve very well for our purpose.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 November 2020 00:30]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Creating a new template set
Next Topic: Rebuild search index failure?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 19:26:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03079 seconds