FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » www_root does not correspond to server_root ???
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  www_root does not correspond to server_root ??? [message #752] Tue, 26 February 2002 19:31 Go to next message
juicysauce is currently offline  juicysauce   United States
okay, i realize this is probably a really simple question, but i am thoroughly confused.

when i try to run install.php, i get the following error message during step 2, next to my entry for "Forum WWW Root":

Your WWW_ROOT does not correspond with the SERVER_ROOT path you have specified.

My settings are:

Server Root: /home/juicysauce/www/forum/
Forum Data Root: /home/juicysauce/www/forum/
Forum WWW Root: http://justincone.com/forum/

So what doesn't "correspond"?

I have gotten it to work by making all three entries "/home/juicysauce/www/forum/", but that causes many many problems later, e.g. broken images, 404 pages, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
cone
Re: www_root does not correspond to server_root ??? [message #753 is a reply to message #752] Tue, 26 February 2002 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Here is why you are getting that problem. During the installation process the install script puts a file inside the SERVER_ROOT (/home/juicysauce/www/forum/) and then tries to fetch that file by going to WWW_ROOT + that file name.

If this fails you get an error just like the one you've seen (Your WWW_ROOT does not correspond with the SERVER_ROOT path you have specified.)

To fix this problem make sure that http://justincone.com/forum/ == /home/juicysauce/www/forum/.

So that if I were to make a file /home/juicysauce/www/forum/TEST_FILE then by going to to http://justincone.com/forum/TEST_FILE i would be able to see that contents of that file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: www_root does not correspond to server_root ??? [message #767 is a reply to message #752] Tue, 26 February 2002 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juicysauce is currently offline  juicysauce   United States
okay, i think i understand what's going on, conceptually speaking, but how do i ensure that http://justincone.com/forum/ == /home/juicysauce/www/forum/ ?

do i have to change something on the server? do i need to modify the config.php file or something? (sorry i'm such a newbie about all this. Smile

i hope not. i don't have access to the config file.

thanks again,
justin

btw - you all have done an incredible job with this. i'm dumbfounded not only by the outstanding quality of the forum, but also by the level of support you offer. great job!
Re: www_root does not correspond to server_root ??? [message #768 is a reply to message #767] Tue, 26 February 2002 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
juicysauce wrote on Tue, 26 February 2002 6:07 PM

okay, i think i understand what's going on, conceptually speaking, but how do i ensure that http://justincone.com/forum/ == /home/juicysauce/www/forum/ ?

do i have to change something on the server? do i need to modify the config.php file or something? (sorry i'm such a newbie about all this. Smile

This is a not a problem with your server. You do not need to change you apache or php config. I think the problem maybe that you are entering the wrong path in to one of the settings.

If you can meet me on IRC (irc.openprojects.net #fudforum) and I'll guide you through. It is a little difficult for me to do so non real time over the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: www_root does not correspond to server_root ??? [message #27516 is a reply to message #752] Sat, 10 September 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zaxon Spox is currently offline  Zaxon Spox   Poland
Hello, the problem next door, i gets just like this error, but the main problem is that in 1st step when i iput the localisation:
Server Root: I:/ssite/dswforum/
Data Root: I:/ssite/dswforum/
WWW Root: http://localhost/dswforum/
or
WWW Root: http://81.190.204.224/dswforum/

the scripts install the forum sooo looong that i gets Server Time Out in half of instalation (the loading line in browser stops in half)

What is the problem? Localisation? PHP config? Apache config? Install sript?

Apache 2.0.40
PHP 4.2.3
MySQL 2.23.xx
Win XP Prof. (my home pc)
i try to ver: FUDForum 2.6.0 & 2.6.6

[Updated on: Sat, 10 September 2005 08:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: www_root does not correspond to server_root ??? [message #27517 is a reply to message #752] Sat, 10 September 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zaxon Spox is currently offline  Zaxon Spox   Poland
Other error ( i have installed the forum other way ), the error is:

Notice: SQL safe mode in effect - ignoring host/user/password information in I:\ssite\index.php on line 61

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at I:\ssite\index.php:61) in I:\ssite\index.php on line 935

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at I:\ssite\index.php:61) in I:\ssite\theme\default\login.php on line 579

Is this MySQL error? Do u know how to fix this?

FUDForum 2.6.6
Apache 2.0.40
PHP 4.2.3
MySQL 2.23.43
Win XP Prof. (my home pc)

PS: its almost work corectly (almost made big different)
Re: www_root does not correspond to server_root ??? [message #27531 is a reply to message #27517] Sun, 11 September 2005 17:20 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The 1st "problem" you can resolve by setting "allow_url_fopen" setting to "0" or "Off" inside your php.ini settings file.

The 2nd problem is caused by the fact that PHP setting sql safe mofe is enanbled, which means connection parameters cannot be set directly and are taken automatically from php.ini. To solve the problem leave the connection setting fields (aside from table prefix and database name) blank.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
Next Topic: Incorrect number of lines in Topic List
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 14:26:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02620 seconds