FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() [message #9195] Sun, 16 March 2003 03:17 Go to next message
DaddyFix is currently offline  DaddyFix   Canada
Heres the fix for the error below that I recieved while attempting step 2 of the installation process of FUD

Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

I fixed the error by changing the following link in my php.ini config file for PHP version 4.3.0

; Default host for mysql_connect() (doesn't apply in safe mode).
mysql.default_host =

CHANGED TO
mysql.default_host =localhost
Re: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() [message #9203 is a reply to message #9195] Sun, 16 March 2003 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I have no idea why did that fix the problem, the problem you have described (not found function) implies that your PHP does not have MySQL support...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() [message #27445 is a reply to message #9195] Thu, 08 September 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fraxon is currently offline  fraxon   Zambia
While the Error suggest the absence of mysql support in php the solution provided above is true. I had the same problem, I am using Debian Sarge 3.1. The error made me reinstall the whole OS which was to no avail. apt-get install php4-mysql did not solve the problem as it was already installed but after reading the suggested solution, I am up my feet and running. just append localhost and then restart the webserver

apache2ctl restart

php.ini
-----------
mysql.default_host = localhost

Dont ask me why!! It worked for me. Try it.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2005 11:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() [message #27448 is a reply to message #27445] Thu, 08 September 2005 13:13 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It worked because you probably have ini settings indicating that mysql connection settings can only be set via INI and not provided directly.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: No mailing list functionality since upgrade
Next Topic: www_root does not correspond to server_root ???
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:11:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02516 seconds