FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » total email integration
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
total email integration [message #10290] Tue, 27 May 2003 12:57 Go to next message
stevie is currently offline  stevie   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
I'm curious if anyone has used fudforum to basically replace an operating and healthy mailing list?

My fantasy is to take a thriving mailing list, convert it to something like fudforum, in such a way so that people that prefer a standard mailing list environment would barely notice the change, but people who prefer more of a bbs/forum interface could use that instead.

For someone that prefers mailing lists, it would appear that it is a mailing list. For someone that prefers a web forum, it would appear that it is a web forum. Neither side needs to care that a lot of messages are being read or sent using the other method. Smile

Does anyone have a busy fudforum like this? I'd be curious to know how it's been working, and what some pitfalls might be.

Thanks, -Steve

Re: total email integration [message #10292 is a reply to message #10290] Tue, 27 May 2003 13:05 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
On my test machine I have FUDforum mirroring close 10 popular mailing list and 3 new groups. The forum deals with 1000-1500 daily messages. That said, FUDforum is mostly acting as an archive, of the mailing list messages since most mailing list users still prefer to get the messages via e-mail and reply in the same manner.

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: French translation
Next Topic: Why email integration? Why not?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:13:42 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00684 seconds