FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #1301] Thu, 04 April 2002 15:36 Go to next message
npf77 is currently offline  npf77   France
Hi,

As I needed for my job kind of a private forum, I've hacked the forum code a bit (in a different way than the previous thead...Smile.

Here is what I propose:

*** Registration isn't granted automatically (say after email confirmation) but now, needs a moderator's authorization. Mechanism: once the confirmation email is received and the confirmation via the given URL done, a authorization email is sent to all moderators. This email contains info on the new user and an URL, similar to the confirmation email one's. To grant authorization, a moderator only need to go to this URL. I think this way was easier than a registration queue as proposed in the suggestions forum.
-> changes made:
. add an authorization key (auth_key in fud_users table) to the DB.
. change emailconf.php, users_reg.inc, admuser.php... to play with this new key.

*** bug fixes: can't access forum with anonymous viewing set to NO with a user whose registration isn't complete anymore.

*** restricts view of "Logged in users list" to user with completed registration.

Work may need to be done to modularize this stuff using the control panel rather than XEmacs.

In attachment, a patch file.
to apply patch:

$ tar xvfz forum-v1.2.4.tar.gz
$ cd forum_install
$ patch -p1 < ../forum-v1.2.4-privateforum.patch

--
Pierre.
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #1307 is a reply to message #1301] Thu, 04 April 2002 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks for the patch, small note the security bug that allows non-confirmed users to see posts in forums where anon viewing is disabled has been added yesterday to the CVS tree.
It affects the following files:
thread.php,msg.php,tree.php,showposts.php,search.php,selmsg.php

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #1314 is a reply to message #1301] Fri, 05 April 2002 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a new patch with fixes for the forum with no anonymous viewing bug, taken from the cvs.

to apply patch:

$ cd forum_install
$ patch -p1 < ../forum-v1.2.4-privateforum-2.patch

Thanks for those fixes.
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #1450 is a reply to message #1314] Mon, 15 April 2002 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New modification:

Somebody asks me to add some code so that an email is sent to the user when his registration has been granted.

Done. So here is a new patch against the v1.2.4 forum release.
to apply patch:

$ cd forum_install
$ patch -p1 < ../forum-v1.2.4-privateforum-3.patch
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #1502 is a reply to message #1450] Wed, 17 April 2002 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somebody asked so here is my answer:

Only the last patch is to be applied as every patches is a diff with the 1.2.4 release.

to install the patched version:

1- download release 1.2.4
2- untar it
3- download ths last patch
4- gunzip it
5- go to the forum_install dir
6- issue a "patch -p1 < forum-v1.2.4-privateforum-3.patch"

You're now ready to perform a normal install: cp the install file and install the forum from your browser.
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #4576 is a reply to message #1502] Wed, 31 July 2002 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beowulf is currently offline  Beowulf   United States
I'm guessing that this patch does not work against the current release of FUDforum. Is there an updated patch? I need the ability to moderate registrations with the current release of FUDforum.
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #4578 is a reply to message #4576] Wed, 31 July 2002 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The current release already has an equivalent patch built in.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #4589 is a reply to message #4576] Wed, 31 July 2002 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beowulf is currently offline  Beowulf   United States
Oh, okay, excellent! But I can't find where to turn it on in the admin control panel Crying or Very Sad
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #4596 is a reply to message #4589] Wed, 31 July 2002 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Oh wait never mind I got got confused with something else, whoops.

User registration moderation has not been added as of yet actually.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon5.gif  Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #6991 is a reply to message #4596] Thu, 31 October 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oliverj is currently offline  oliverj   Germany
Hi,

I'm very interessted in this feature, too. Smile Is it included now? I can't find it in the admin panel though. Confused

Greets,
Oliver
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #6993 is a reply to message #6991] Thu, 31 October 2002 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Account moderation has not yet been integrated into FUDforum.
If you want the feature make a request for in in the feature request forum, otherwise I may forget about it Smile.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #8174 is a reply to message #6993] Tue, 14 January 2003 20:51 Go to previous message
bvaughan   United States
Has this functionality been included in the recent version yet?
If not, can this patch be safely applied to the current version (fudforum2_20030106)?

thanks!
I am pretty anxious to be able to use this.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fortune Cookies.
Next Topic: proposal: add a global variable to set the client encoding
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 19:14:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05568 seconds