FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Default font size changes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Default font size changes [message #1323] Sun, 07 April 2002 19:28 Go to next message
Josie is currently offline  Josie   United States
Some of the users of my forum have difficulty reading the small font sizes used by default in FUDForum. Does anyone know in which files I should look for the default paraments for display fonts (or the actual parameter names themselves)?

Thank so much in advance for your help!

-Josie
Re: Default font size changes [message #1324 is a reply to message #1323] Sun, 07 April 2002 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Josie wrote on Sun, 07 April 2002 3:28 PM

Some of the users of my forum have difficulty reading the small font sizes used by default in FUDForum. Does anyone know in which files I should look for the default paraments for display fonts (or the actual parameter names themselves)?

Thank so much in advance for your help!

-Josie

Use the style editor, it will allow you to alter the CSS used by the forum and increase font size as well as change outher layout related settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Default font size changes [message #1326 is a reply to message #1324] Sun, 07 April 2002 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=prottoss wrote on Sun, 07 April 2002 6:29 PM
Use the style editor, it will allow you to alter the CSS used by the forum and increase font size as well as change outher layout related settings.[/quote]

I accomplished the same thing by editting the header_1.inc file, which was nasty business because, for some reason, when I ran the install for FUDForum, it created all the associated files belonging to user "nobody" (versus my identity on the server). As a result, since I didn't own header_1.inc, I couldn't edit it and save over the original. I got around this by creating a PHP shell in the data directory that blew away the original header_1.inc. I then replaced it with a copy that I own.

Having gone through all that nonsense, I saw your reply and finally figured out how to go into STYLE MANAGER and click on the DEFAULT selection to get the editor to which you refer. FYI - I think that process could be more intuitive.

Great software; I look forward to the 2.0 release.
Re: Default font size changes [message #1329 is a reply to message #1326] Mon, 08 April 2002 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
One last thing, if you need to edit files made by forum, just use the File Manager to chmod the file you need to edit/delete 777 and voila Smile

P.S. New apache 2.0.35 stable has come out, this apache supports individual user groups for each virtual host.

FUDforum Core Developer
Were it that easy! [message #1330 is a reply to message #1329] Mon, 08 April 2002 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure I totally goofed something up during the install of FUDForum, but the final product is that on the Apache server hosting my site, I don't "own" any of the FUDForum files. I can see them, but if they were set to, for example, 644, during the install, I couldn't modify them (since they weren't 'mine'). Very wierd. CHMOD wouldn't work *until* I created a file called change_perms.php with the simple code:

<html>
<?php
chmod ("/home/username/public_html/FUDforum/file.name", 0777);
?>
</html>

Why this worked through PHP and not through a Telnet client, nor WS_FTP is a total mystery. However, it did.

I'm totally out of my league here, I know.

The Private Forum hack works pretty well too, though I know it's not supported by ya'll. Just wanted to share that since if *I* could get it to work, then it *must* be pretty simple and idiot proof.

-Josie
Re: Default font size changes [message #12869 is a reply to message #1329] Mon, 15 September 2003 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kala123 is currently offline  kala123   China
edit /fud/theme/default/forum.css

modify smalltext fontsize 10px to 12px
Re: Were it that easy! [message #12962 is a reply to message #1330] Thu, 18 September 2003 16:52 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you want to modify the FUDforum files manually, you need to use the admin control panel to 'unlock files'.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: OQ(OICQ) Hack for chinese sites.
Next Topic: Birthday hack
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 15:33:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02880 seconds